cannot reset 612 rec witth check switch. now shows sat 82 and 91 not 72.7 and 77

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jceb

Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
eastern long island 11930
when alinging dish 1k 4 to 72.7w I got a strong signal and thought ok, but the receiver displaye sat 82. Now when I go to point dish sats 72,7 and 77 dont appear, only 82, 91.129. I belive 61.5 is still their. I tried check switch twice but only got a message that there was a installation problem, not the usual save or cancel choice. How can I reset the receiver. Will I have to lock in on 61,5 and then do a check switch? I am in eastern Long island NY El 41.6 mag 194 skew 91

Unplug the sat cable to your receiver and re run a check switch without it. It will probably go to 30 or 50 checks before it comes up with no connections of any kind in your sat matrix. Then do a reboot- either power cord pull or a red button or power button reset. Before you plug in the sat coax again , you need to re aim your dish to the proper satellite-on eastern arc you are supposed to aim at 72.7 either 19 or 21 transponder. Once you have the coax plugged back in , re run your checkswitch . It should lock in on the proper satellites- as long as you aimed at 72.7 and have the proper skew and elevation locked in according to your install manual that came with the sat dish . If all else fails , you might have to schedule a DISH installer to come out and re-aim your dish so you can get the proper satellites in the matrix .

That is the problem. I ran the check switch twice with no cable input and did power resets. It went thru 50 checks but still show sat 82 . On the point dish screen I cannot even pull up sats 72,7 or 77. I did these procedures before and a screen would come up saying save which would clear the connection status, but no screen comes up with this option. It just says there is a problem and offers to retest. I will retry tomorrow taking the receiver to a working installation.

I know at one time in the past , if you had a new receiver and you aimed at the Express-vu satellites- 82/91 ( used to be DISH Canada) , you would not be able to use the receiver for anything for DISH . I don't know if that is still the same, but I would try to call DISH techs and see what they say. You could always schedule a tech visit( please add the insurance plan first) and they would come out and install the dish ,aim it etc. With the insurance plan I think it is only like $15.00. Without it you'll pay $95.00.

Dish and ExpressVU fixed that problem years ago. I bought a Bell 4100 with the intent of converting it to a souped up 111. But putting it in the Dish stream did nothing.

Dish and ExpressVU fixed that problem years ago. I bought a Bell 4100 with the intent of converting it to a souped up 111. But putting it in the Dish stream did nothing.
Like Mike I thought DISH had solved the problem with Express Vue but the way DISH screws up their software they may have regressed to the old problem again. DIRT is available to us this may be a good use for their knowledge.

Factry default did not reset receiver. I moved it to a working dish location and this reset it. I then went back and carefully realigned the dish. I had trouble finding 72,7 but got a good signal on 61.5. Did a check switch and all sats came in good, with signals as strong as the working location. All is now ok. Thanks for all your replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)