Cannot use expiring PPV certificates

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
Some movies listed in our HD guide do not have order buttons for them in the Order Pay-Per-View page on customersupport.dishnetwork.com.
I have only thru the 27 (today to redeem)--6am on 28th I guess.
I did get 4 of the 6 sent out redeemed and recorded yesterday--2 DVRs.
The last 2 I was going to take included Black Swan. It has order button for SD on 27th but not HD although it is in the guide for that day. Also for Fair Game.
In fact, there are no listings of any movies for the 27th only 26th (these in SD) and 28th, which will be past expiration.
Hate to waste them,
-Ken

Last edited:
It is in my guide, and I can order it online. ($5.99)

I don't think some people know you can order on the phone, still using your pay-per-view coupon if you use the automated system.

Black Swan was available for HD order when I checked the site a moment ago. Like rip said, thanks for the reminder.

Some movies listed in our HD guide do not have order buttons for them in the Order Pay-Per-View page on customersupport.dishnetwork.com.
I think I've ran into the same problem on the website. There's a way around it though.... First, make sure you're logged in to your account. If you go right to the PPV page, the listing seems to be filtered. Once logged in and looking at your certificates, at the bottom of the page, click on the dish.com/ppv link. It will re-direct to this page, https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/orderppv/prepOrderPpv.do

I think it only shows ~24 hours ahead too. I see Black Swan, in HD, on the 27th.

I was able to set the PPV today but not last night, just looking for consistency.
Yes, you can only do 24 hours early but in this case they just didn't have them up early enough.
It sure helps the scheduling to have multiple recorders, hate the $17/mo extra.
So why is Bill Hicks a dollar more and thus you cannot use the vouchers?
-Ken

I know my 6 PPV certificates I received for the 30th anniversary gift expired today.

Mind sending your phone number/account number in a PM and I'll see what can be done?

If that's for me, thanks for the offer but as above I got the last 2 of my 6.
Should have tried earlier to get Social Network or others, watch out for rotation.
Now if I could preview them to be sure they were recorded before I get to them, that would help.
I didn't try peeking while recording, would that work?
I'm not into Unix copying to duplicate especially with no directory, I guess--cheat, cheat.
-Ken

yeah.. I had the sudden realization that 6 of my certs were dying.. and so I setup recordings for 6 movies.. from 5pm today through 3 am thursday... the first two started .... recorded one full hour.. and then my 722k rebooted. It then started recording again .... got 18 minutes... then rebooted .... then got 10 minutes, rebooted ... another 10 minutes.. reboot ... it did it two more times, while I was on Tech Chat with Dish ... they're shipping me a 722k. :(

I mean I got the thing in December, brand new .... and less than 6 months later its out of its mind? unreal .... again.. what's going to kill dish ... hardware that fails to perform, updates that aren't rolled out in a timely manner, and while this now makes my 8th chat with Dish proper, only my 3rd successful/amicable conversation.

oh well.. thankfully most of my stuff is already on external drive.. just a few more hours to move over.. if it stays up long enough..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)