Cannot watch DVR on Dishanywhere

Timr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
Porter County, IN
I'm trying to watch a show from my DVR on Dishanywhere.com, all shows in my DVR say they are not eligible for online playback. I can watch Live TV, but it won't let me watch anything on the DVR. I have a Hopper 2 and am trying to watch it from Dishanywhere on a computer with Windows 10. I rebooted the hopper but it's still doing it.

It worked fine just a week ago.

I'm trying to watch a show from my DVR on Dishanywhere.com, all shows in my DVR say they are not eligible for online playback. I can watch Live TV, but it won't let me watch anything on the DVR. I have a Hopper 2 and am trying to watch it from Dishanywhere on a computer with Windows 10. I rebooted the hopper but it's still doing it.

Is there an error code on the message that you're seeing?

Reactions: barryaz1
Thanks to partysox here's the fix:

Windows 10 Programs and Features, select DishAnywhereDesktop, Change and then Repair. The tile art came back and the DVR recordings play now.

Reactions: TheKrell

After review, this is a known issue that our engineers are working to resolve.

Reactions: TheKrell
Hey...I don't know anything about a MacBook but I will try to help out, I am assuming you can delete programs or is dishanywhere a app?

Wonderful!
Its an app that I have installed. I already attempted getting rid of it all together and reinstalling but that unfortunately didn't solve the problem. Any further ideas?

I have tried the repair option in Win 10. Did not work. Seems to affect anything that's newly recorded. Also strange I've tried this from Chrome, Firefox, IE 11 and Edge. In Edge it will not even open the dishanywhere site, just get a black screen. The app however works on all my Android devices. I have been having issues with the Windows app for sometime now. The app crashes often on me. Playback will be normal and then it freezes, black screen and then done. I have to go into task manager and kill all running Dish Anywhere Slingplayer instances (4 in total). Now I have the first generation Sling adapter and the Hopper 2. Would this all work on the Hopper 3?

I have had the same problem with the DVR recordings in the past. Sometimes, logging out and in again helps. Sometimes, resetting my modem and router or restarting my computer helps. Sometimes, I just wait a few hours or a day and then it works again for no reason that I can figure out! Right now, it is working for me. I have a HWS, and I use Firefox or Microsoft Edge with Windows 10.

For some reason, I virtually never have any problems using the app on my iPhone. That usually works correctly, even when it is failing on my home computer.

On Windows, all the browsers use the DishAnywhere external app which is the problem and what all the browsers will call. The DishAnywhere external app according to someone on the DISH Support Forum is based on Chromium. That probably explains why only when you use the Chrome browser, would it require a second plug-in to play Video On-Demand inside the browser instead of calling the external DishAnywhere app like the other browsers when it comes to VOD. If you search for DISHAnywhere here on the forums, you will notice that on my system, I have to run the DISHAnywhere as Adminstrator before it will work properly as a fix.

Reactions: pattykay

I have been having the same problem since they upgraded my hopper DVR. First the Guide was missing USA and other Networks Took a couple of weeks to get that fixed. Now no shows available when selecting DVR. I use the work around of selecting my show(s) I want to watch by selecting SHOWS and then my current choice of show (ie NCIS) then when the listing appears I select the DVR heading and it seems to work. The player hangs up a lot and I have to restart the darn thing after I have watched 2 or 3 episodes from my show on DVR. I have talked to Dish support many times about this problem. No joy at all. Never get a call back after the case is forwarded up the chain. That just sucks,piss poor performance from support. I am beginning to wonder if the new Hopper is the problem. The old one worked just fine with dish anywhere on my pc. If this doesn't get fixed I probably will go with some other solution. I am paying them approximately $900.00 per year for this service and Dish Anywhere was the biggest reason I reupped!

Just talked to support again tonight. Response was they would forward the problem but I probably would not hear from them about my problem. WHAT A WONDERFUL RESPONSE! I FEEL LIKE I REALLY MATTER TO DISH after that reply from support.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts