Can't Access Satelliteguys Anymore

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
For a week or so, my Microsoft Edge no longer will access this forum. I get the error:

Forbidden​

You don't have permission to access this resource.

So I had to change to Google Chrome which works fine. I did just remove my McAfee and changed to AVG at around the same time. Microsoft Edge works fine for all other websites. Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

No issues I know of and I access the site fro work using Edge and Chrome. NO changes have been made.

Make sure you are going to h t t p s : / / w w w . s a t e l l I t e g u y s . u s. (without the spaces)

Since its only doing it in one browser on your machine and its not happening to anyone else, it suggests an issue with the browser.

As far as your email program goes, I don't know thunderbird, however I just checked and our mail server is listed as clean.

Click this Link --> Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email <--

Thunderbird is my go to email client, been using it for years. Not had any issue with SatGuys being marked as spam. In fact I just built a new PC and installed Thunderbird on this machine yesterday....and no issues on the new machine.

Now replying using Microsoft Edge.

When in doubt, clear cookies. I did so for satelliteguys and now Edge accesses satelliteguys normally. Life is too short to care why. I authorized notifications so now I should be informed of topic updates as before.

I forgot I actually use a Hotmail address to receive email from satelliteguys. Hotmail then forwards to my Thunderbird app. Therefore, it is Hotmail that has been labeling the messages as Junk. Thunderbird just follows Hotmail. I was teaching Thunderbird but not Hotmail. I bet if I teach Hotmail this will fix the Junk problem.

Looks like things are back to normal.

Same issue,time frame,only with Palemoon.Cleared SG cookies,at least I thought I did,still didn't work.Finally cleared everything and SG worked again.Of course now every other place that relies on a "history" is now screwed up.But eventually that too shall pass.:rolleyes

Reactions: raoul5788
I finally got my forbidden removed from Edge reading this. Thanks
Oh Brother Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: TheKrell
Thunderbird is my go to email client, been using it for years. Not had any issue with SatGuys being marked as spam. In fact I just built a new PC and installed Thunderbird on this machine yesterday....and no issues on the new machine.
Thunderbird is all I use, never had a problem like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)