Can't align dish to 58.0w for Sky Mexico

a quick search found one vendor with the switch for $35. mabe you can use google ?

Switch de paridad requerido para la instalación de dos receptores conectados a la misma antena y bajo la misma cuenta

That is a very impressive find. However there is no shopping cart on that website and it just leads to a form for information on an install. I'd love to know how you found that or if you found something on eBay. Below pictured is one of the switches actually used in these installations. Perhaps there is something similar I could use that would work. A spanish board said these switches actually have a microprocessor within that marry the receivers.

s_MLM_v_F_f_66121447_9789.jpg

Thanks so much.

the main page has a phone number when you use that in google. I have never used that company so not sure there rep or quality. I would guess that switch just lets the boxes talk to each other as i see no serial number that could be used to lock the boxes to the switch. Even if the system is locked to the switch you could call sky and say you replaced the switch due to water getting in it and rusting one of the connectors

Directv uses a 4x4 multi-switch, and they are sold ebay somewhat lower price than the one quoted above. GO to ebay and search for a zinwell 4x4 multi-switch or just a 4x4 mult-switch. Be sure to pay attention to the vendor's feedback...

DTV 4x4 is not for universal Kuband like sky uses . the 4x4 switch that sky uses are a hard find as they have built the switch into the lnb for some time. The new sky system requires a switch that will let the boxes verify they can talk to the master box to prevent theft of service.

When I put that phrase into google... I was led to a website named skymilenio. Was that the intended recommended web site?

A 2x2 switch would also be ok.

I tried this switch (search ebay) [h=1]SW22 Multi Switch Satellite TV Dish 2 in 2 out SW2x2[/h]As well as a bi directional one from radio shack that I had lying around.

Neither worked.

I even just plugged one receiver into the other via coaxial and on the multi slaves page (mulitcaja) it STILL didn't look like the boxes were communicating.

yes that is the one.

box to box is no good it will create a short as each box is trying to send voltage to the lnb and will kill the box.

one thing im not sure of is the lnb you have is a dual out universal ?

I've read online that Sky uses Chapparral Stacker LNB's. The LNB I use is what the guy at the flea market sold to me which is a universal single.

I'm not overly worried about the LNB because I can readily replace it w/ one on eBay. The switch seems to be the problem as it's damn near impossible to find. Were you able to find any other online vendors? I haven't been able to get any response from the people at Sky Milenio.

your flea market source has no switches? Did a search on that lnb and looks strange the way they destack the signal but photo shows how they install with one line for lnb to a single port power passing Eagle Aspen sat splitter then to the 2x2 switch imagen003ao.jpg

skytvmax also has them but also never used them as most my customer bring every thing with them from TJ.

That one port power passing is model 7002 that I was able to get on ebay for very cheap. I already have that... the only missing piece of the puzzle is the eagle aspen rb22/44 switch.

The flea market source installs sky in Las Vegas. He doesn't have any switches but did know of their existence. He couldn't even sell me a dual LNB. All he had were singles.

I imagine he only does 1 room installs... which I now sorely wish I would have just done. But o well.. the search keeps on. When I wake up, I'll call the skymax people and see what they tell me.

In that particular photo that you just referred to.... There is a difference in how they routed cables that were going to HD and non HD boxes. That is what is in the description that came w/ that photo when I found it.

looks like the splitter with power passing goes to lnb port 1 on switch. should not matter what port the box is on one or two they should still talk to each other and HD is all on the same sat

my latest desperation attempt involved connecting a usb cable from one box to the other hoping they would communicate but that did not work. Going to have to find this switch.

the skymaxtv people you referred me to said they could sell me the switch for $75. I'll see what I can find in some of the thrift stores in Mexico on my next trip or buy from this guy as a last resort.

I finally got my hands on the switch! I got the Eagle Aspen RB 44 and all is well ! About 5 channels don't come in. I don't even get a signal loss error but just a black screen. Could be on the broadcaster's end... could be LNB as I am using a single and using 2 receivers.. Could be I just need to play around w/ it more.

My advice to anyone else out there planning to do the same thing..

DO NOT ORDER MULTIPLE RECEIVERS !!!

Update...

The LNB sold to me at the flea market is no good for a 2 box set up. It works but both boxes have to be at the same channel at the same time. I'm now on the search for the correct LNB. This should be easier to find than the switch so I'm not too worried but I'll take suggestions before I start cruising those Spanish boards again. Thx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)