Can't change avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it now...

It appears there is a service we use which shrinks down graphics after they are updated to save on drive space was having issues for the past few days. I have just disabled to queuing of graphics to them so it should not put Avatar uploads in the list to be re-compressed. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Another forum I frequent just went to Xenforo. I'm not even going to try anything but posting until I'm sure they got it stable (and I'm a mod there).

I just tried updating using the SatelliteGuys App to see if that makes a difference...

Edit: Nope, in fact, the Profile picture looks blurry now... :(

I've been able to change mine as far as what appears in threads, but not on home page or insets on list of threads I've posted in.

I have one other thought... a few weeks ago (before the xenforo upgrade) we upgraded our webserver software. In that software it specified new cache settings for images, which I think we set for 7 days...

I am wondering if the caching is so good its keeping the old avatar for 7 days. (I would think that updating that image would automatically wipe out that cache... but maybe not.)

If I have time before I go to bed I will check it out.

I tried uploading a new Avatar this morning, but I'm still "blurry". My Activities does not show that I updated my Avatar yet, so there is still some funkiness going on behind the scenes...
Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 8.48.32 AM.png

It's not like that in the picture I first posted. My bad for trying to "fix" it using the App, now it seems to like that version, even though I've change the file name. I guess I'll try again...

We'll see what happens this time. This is the "King Pig" from "Angry Birds" view of the new 2016 Ford GT.
IMG_2211.jpg

220px-The_Pig_Getting_Excited.exe.jpeg

Still shows as The Alternative here.

...F5 refresh fixed that.

Weird. Still showing as The Alternative on the mobile app. Last night it had changed looking at it on the computer.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

And with the last post it shows now.
Edit: refreshing mobile app changed them back! Very strange.
Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Just for grins, tried changing mine again. From drop down menu, picked AVATAR, checked box at bottom "delete current avatar?",
clicked "okay" , waited for refresh. Hit browse, found the file I wanted, uploaded it. Hit "okay" and... everything refreshed just like it was supposed to.
Last attempt a week ago had refreshed some but not all examples the avatar.

Hmmm, even though I've refreshed this window, I still see the (blurry) front view of the Ford GT. If I click on my avatar, I see the rear view I posted above. On a hunch, I fired-up Firefox on my MacBook just in case it's a Safari weirdness, but Firefox behaves the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts