Can't connect to 129

WalkingSnake

Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
(This might be better off in a different forum. If so, please move it there.)

For the past few days, I haven't been able to connect to satellite 129, which holds a lot of HD stations.

I've done everything the tech support has told me (restart the receiver, run the tests, etc.) but no luck. I've checked the Dish and it seems fine. No obstructions, and the sky isn't cloudy at all. I have no idea how to check if it's pointed right, but 110 and 119 are picked up fine.

Dish should be sending somebody out to check it on Thursday, but any advice until then?

It could simply be the LNB needs replacement. It will probably be the first thing the installer will do. Climb up a ladder, swap out the LNB, repoint the dish, system check, done. This happened to me and he was prepared to troubleshoot if that didn't fix my problem, but it did. Gone in 10 minutes and no charge to me. Good Luck.

The guy came to my house, said a tree was in the way, and left. The tree doesn't appear to be in the line of sight of the satellite, but apparently that's the direction the HD channels come from.. or something like that.

I'll trim the tree and see what happens.

You didn't post which dish you are using..... If you are looking the same compass heading that the dish appears to be pointed, the signal actually strikes the dish to the right. So, if there is a blockage, it would be to the right, not straight on. How big is the tree? Are you licensed to use a chain saw? Have fun....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts