Can't connect to poker sites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vegassatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have cablemodem 12meg service connected to a Belkin wireless router. My wired computer can connect to poker sites such as PokerStars just fine. However, my laptop can't connect to poker sites. I can access internet just fine on both machines.

This problem doesn't seem to be limited to just one poker site as Absolute won't connect either. PokerStars prompted me to install an update on last login and it did that just fine. However, now it won't connect. I tried re-installing pokerstars and running it, but it requires the update so I can't confirm the update is the issue. This also doesn't explain why I can't get other poker sites to come up.

From their network status screen, I did a trace and there seems be a missing ip address between my router's IP and my ph.ph.cox.net IP. That connection is dropping 100% of packets. I would expect that IP to be the cablemodem but I have internet just fine. I tried running a tracert in DOS to the 68.2.7.1 IP to see if it showed the IP that shows up missing on Pokerstars.

Here is the result of that trace:

Tracing route to 68-2-7-1.ph.ph.cox.net [68.2.7.1]

1 <1ms 1ms <1ms F5d8233-4v3 [192.168.2.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 15ms 10ms 10ms ip68-2-7-1.ph.ph.cox.net

I can run Pokerstars on my XP machine that is hardwired to the router. Near as I can estimate, this is either a port problem on the wireless connection, or a Vista issue. I have turned off the router firewall and I never run the Windows Firewall.

Any ideas?

Have you tried connecting to the poker sites with your laptop plugged into a wired port? That would help narrow down the problem.

Well I turned off the router firewall to see if this was the problem, I don't use the Windows Firewall product. I got Norton as part of the prepackaged software but immediately shut it down because I hate it. Seems it somehow became operational and was blocking the sites. Took me 2 hours to get rid of that piece of garbage Norton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)