Can't find 61.5 Signal

crivera66

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Hi:

I am here in Canovanas Puerto Rico and can't find the 61.5 Satellite. I have a 5.5 ft antenna spear that I am trying to add to my system to get the 61.5 HD content. Yesterday I went up to my roof with a 311 and a small TV to see if I could grab the signal with no success. I used a SW21 with one connection from my 119 antenna and the other from the 5.5 ft one. Im looking about 90 degrees to the left of my 119, but the elevation is the one I am having trouble with. How can I get the 68 degrees of elevation, my antenna does not have the scale. If you could direct me I would appretiate it.

I'd say you're going to have to rig up a scale somehow, because you'll never find 61.5 with a 5' dish without getting pretty darn close. I suggest a protractor aligned with the dish face and a plumb bob to hold a string from the protractor's center. Read the angle from the string.

61.5 in PR

Make sure the lnb is working (test it on a known 110 or 119 sat). Then make sure you use a signal finder with the dish STB (the 311 you mentioned). Use transponders 14 or 29. I suggest you use a HD STB (like the 211) to peak transponders 19 and 24 (which are the hardest to get here in Puerto Rico. Good luck and post results!

yep, very few transponders will show signal on the 311 receiver.
This is not correct. The 311 can and does demodulate 8PSK signals, so it will show signal strength on all transponders that are transmitting at the time.

Another question, can I plug one output of the legacy dual LNB directly to a 311 to point the dish to 61.5 or do I have to go thru a switch.

I found it at last. Had to use a home made inclinometer taking into account the offset angle of the antenna and a compass. Now I need a power inserter and power supply for the SW64 that I have. Does anybody know a place that I can find one, other than ebay and dishstore?

I found it at last. Had to use a home made inclinometer taking into account the offset angle of the antenna and a compass. Now I need a power inserter and power supply for the SW64 that I have. Does anybody know a place that I can find one, other than ebay and dishstore?

You don't need a SW64 for that!

Here is how you are going to split it!

1 sw 21 for 110 and 119 after you split those in one multiswitch you again get another sw21 and bring the middle cable form the first multi switch and put it on the slot number one of the 2 multiswitch and in the slot 2 you put the 61.5 and the cable in the middle to your rec and check switch it and it will work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts