Can't get 1080p on my 1080p set. What gives?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
do you have 10,000BC on Blu-Ray to qualify your statement of not as good as Blu-Ray?

No, do not have 10,000 BC on Blu-Ray. I am comparing a Blu-Ray disc movie (Ghost Rider) played thru a PS3. Ghost Rider is really sharp, clear, etc. The VOD 10,000 BC is really good, but to me it is not as sharp as Ghost Rider. When I was playing the Blu-Ray disc I pressed the info button for the TV and in the upper left hand corner said 1080p. When I do the same thing for the VOD 10,000 BC movie it says 1080i. Both 722 DVR and PS3 are connected HDMI. When I check the HDMI setup (menu 6-8) and scroll the TV Type, I do not see 1080p, so the setting is on 1080i. primetimeguy, what do you think? I guess this TV will not do the 1080p/24 thing.

Update on Sony A3000:

Thought that L613 would fix this 1080p non-compatibility issue.

It didn't.

My Samsung 950 seemed to pass last week, but as of yesterday no HD VOD channel was viewable so will have to look tonight to see if 10000 BC is there. We didn't rent I am Legend as neither of us were really impressed with it in the theatres. One interesting note is that the HDMI test does not report 1080P returned from the TV, but it was testing out ok (and I believe Samsung does say the inputs accept 1080P.)

-Mike

No, do not have 10,000 BC on Blu-Ray. I am comparing a Blu-Ray disc movie (Ghost Rider) played thru a PS3. Ghost Rider is really sharp, clear, etc. The VOD 10,000 BC is really good, but to me it is not as sharp as Ghost Rider. When I was playing the Blu-Ray disc I pressed the info button for the TV and in the upper left hand corner said 1080p. When I do the same thing for the VOD 10,000 BC movie it says 1080i. Both 722 DVR and PS3 are connected HDMI. When I check the HDMI setup (menu 6-8) and scroll the TV Type, I do not see 1080p, so the setting is on 1080i. primetimeguy, what do you think? I guess this TV will not do the 1080p/24 thing.

Yep, sounds like your TV will not do 1080p24, or at least Dish doesn't think it does.

It's not a fair comparison using two different movies to compare PQ as every movie is different. You would have been the first that I have seen that says the PQ was obviously lower than actual Blu-Ray.

Yep, sounds like your TV will not do 1080p24, or at least Dish doesn't think it does.

It's not a fair comparison using two different movies to compare PQ as every movie is different. You would have been the first that I have seen that says the PQ was obviously lower than actual Blu-Ray.

Well, it is pretty dam good, but you sure can tell the Blu-Ray movie is sharper. Maybe 10,000 BC would look just as good if I could get it to play in 1080p. Who knows!

Well, it is pretty dam good, but you sure can tell the Blu-Ray movie is sharper. Maybe 10,000 BC would look just as good if I could get it to play in 1080p. Who knows!

Again, I repeat, some movies are sharper than others and have better transfers. So you can't compare Ghost Rider on Blu-Ray and 10,000BC on Dish and conclude Blu-Ray is better.