Can't get 110 back

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I had my roof redone while I went out of town for a few days. I told the installers just to make sure and mark the mount holse of my dish (Dish 500 Quad) and remount it in the same place. I knew I might have to fine-tune it maybe but it should be close. Got home and had nothing so up on the roof I went. I could get 119 to come in but no matter what I cannot get 110 other than if I turn the dish too far to the East with 119 still selected and get a wrong satelite error. Turn the dish back a bit to the West and it still won't lock 110. I wouldn't fogure the Elevation and Skew would change with the dish going back in the same place. I ran out of daylight last night so will trya again tonight. What steps should I do this in, it has been a long time since first installing it. Do I get 119 as high of a signal as possible then do the Switch test? Get 199 high and then back to the East until 110 gets a signal? I tried both ways last night. But it has been awhile since first installing, like I said.

You asked the roofing company to remount and aim the dish??? That was your first mistake. Anyway, find 119 then do a check switch, but make sure the mast for the dish is plum and secure. Any problems after that I would say your roofing/satellite installation company did something to the cable or connectors.

How strong is your 119? If the mast isn't plumb this could throw off your elevation and skew settings, plumb the mast find the proper settings on system setup and adjust and do a check switch, be sure and check to make sure they didn't damage the cable as well. depending where you are the 119 should be anywhere's between 85 and 120 for signal

I spent another 45 minutes last night and I remembered to check for plumb on the mast this time. It all looked good. Finally called a local installer and when he said only 1/2 hour to come and do it for me, it was a no-brainer. I don't know why I can't get it this time, I was the one that installed it in the 1st place. He fixes it in about an hour :)

I'll shoot in the dark and say your 110 LNB was pointed at 119
No, actually the roof guys hooked the cables to the LNB wrong, not sure how that could be but who am I to argue. And the Skew was off. But whatever, it is fixed now, and that is what matters.
But I cannot wait to hear how he plans to replace my existing 811 and 510 and 3700 with an HD DVR (? 942 ?)and do it for less $$$ than I pay now using existing phone lines (???).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)