Can't get 110 sat

jameszeesmith

Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
st. louis
I got a disk 500 and dual dp plus digital lnbf. I'm running r-59 cable from port 1 on lnbf to a 301 receiver... simple setup. I only receive sat 119 on port 2. Port 1 says conn

Manual says to move dish 10 degrees East and try again. I tried but can't get no signal by moving dish 10 degrees. I can't seem to pickup anything but sat 119 at 214 azimuth for 63146.

I know that I should have 3 gh r-6 cable eventually but for my testing I just ran the r-59 through the window.

Also, what does x mean in the polarity column 1 and all in polarity column 2

Status line says: Only one satalite connected.

I can only get the upper channels on 119.

:) Thanks in advance guys, Jim Smith - St. Louis

I got a disk 500 and dual dp plus digital lnbf. I'm running r-59 cable from port 1 on lnbf to a 301 receiver... simple setup. I only receive sat 119 on port 2. Port 1 says conn

Manual says to move dish 10 degrees East and try again. I tried but can't get no signal by moving dish 10 degrees. I can't seem to pickup anything but sat 119 at 214 azimuth for 63146.

I know that I should have 3 gh r-6 cable eventually but for my testing I just ran the r-59 through the window.

Also, what does x mean in the polarity column 1 and all in polarity column 2

CONN means it's connected but not receiving signal. Polarity "all" means you're getting both odd and even transponders for that particular sat above the all.

I would get the RG-6 for testing purposes as well.

CONN means it's connected but not receiving signal. Polarity "all" means you're getting both odd and even transponders for that particular sat above the all.

I would get the RG-6 for testing purposes as well.

I agree, I had a piece of RG59 in my system when i hooked it up and had signal problems. Changed it to RG6 and the signal was great

you said you are using a dual. i assume you mean twin? fatter lnb with two 'eyes'. is it used, those can go bad as well. though i still suspect its an aiming issue. as gary said, it may need to go west.
if you really ARE using a dual, you can't use it to pick up 119 and 110 at the same time.
if its dp plus, its definately a twin. is it possible that something (house, tree) is blocking the 110 signal? did you put the dish up yourself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)