Can't get 129 sat

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
Setting up an western arc antenna, have 110/119 locked with signal strength 40-50 but no 129. check switch shows #1 119/OK/WA.4, #2 110/OK/WA.4 #3 129/OK(in red)/WA.4. There is no signal on 129 point dish screen. Tried rotating skew angle with no change in signal.

What next?

Setting up an western arc antenna, have 110/119 locked with signal strength 40-50 but no 129. check switch shows #1 119/OK/WA.4, #2 110/OK/WA.4 #3 129/OK(in red)/WA.4. There is no signal on 129 point dish screen. Tried rotating skew angle with no change in signal.

What next?
Try dropping your elevation a little. 129 sits a little lower than 110 and 119.

What next?
If your 110/119 signals are that low, it comes as no surprise you aren't seeing 129....It's off by quite a bit...
Your lowest signals on the 110/119 sats should be no lower than the mid 70's.....Do you have an LNB with three feed horns( eyes)?....If not, you do not have the correct LNB...Trees or other obstructions?
What are the first three numbers in your zip code? This matters...There are areas of tyhe country ( Extreme south Texas, Southern third of Florida....All of Maine and Cape Cod. )that cannot "see" the 129 sat

What next?

If your skew is set correctly, try swinging your dish 9 degrees to the west. You may be pointed at the 110.

The 1000.4WA has proven to be a bust in some locales.

Why would it be a bust any more than the 1000.2WA might? Obviously, there are locations where either WA or EA won't work.............and some areas where neither will work. However, the 1000.4 is a larger reflector than the 1000.2 and should work as well or better on WA. Some people say that the 2-lnb 1000.2EA gets a better signal than the 3-lnb 1000.4EA, and that makes some sense.

Why would it be a bust any more than the 1000.2WA might?
It has something to do with the fact that the EA dish, like most multi-slot pizza dishes, isn't perfectly parabolic and when combined with the WA LNB assembly, there are some serious performance problems. My local dealer has a bunch of 1000.4WA dishes and DISH won't let him use them.

It has something to do with the fact that the EA dish, like most multi-slot pizza dishes, isn't perfectly parabolic and when combined with the WA LNB assembly, there are some serious performance problems. My local dealer has a bunch of 1000.4WA dishes and DISH won't let him use them.

Thanks. I hadn't heard that. I haven't had any problem with mine, but readily admit I haven't tried to set it up everywhere.

Of course it is not perfectly parabolic, a perfectly parabolic dish will not work well with a triple lnb setup, it has to be defocused in the horizontal plane to average signal strength over all three lnb's, while it can be more closely focused in the vertical plane.

Unless there is serious warpage the reflector should work, but may be more difficult to tweak.

Reactions: TheKrell
what channels do you actually lose out on without 129? I'm potentially moving into the US in the next 6-7 months and my potential landlord is a bit of a douche, refuses to let Dish come and install a dish, "he has to do it" and it can't be "a huge one - small normal one". which I can only gather as the original small ones. my requirements for channels are like all the ESPN, and Food,, Comedy, NHL Centre Ice, NBA Full Court.... but they all need to be HD.... SD burns my eyes..

what channels do you actually lose out on without 129? I'm potentially moving into the US in the next 6-7 months and my potential landlord is a bit of a douche, refuses to let Dish come and install a dish, "he has to do it" and it can't be "a huge one - small normal one". which I can only gather as the original small ones. my requirements for channels are like all the ESPN, and Food,, Comedy, NHL Centre Ice, NBA Full Court.... but they all need to be HD.... SD burns my eyes..
129 carries the majority of the HD channels.

refuses to let Dish come and install a dish, "he has to do it" and it can't be "a huge one - small normal one"

Well... The 1000.n is fairly small and definitely normal these days. Let's hope he's not that bad of a douche! Maybe ask him, or hand him the 1000.n so he does the right thing.

129 carries the majority of the HD channels.

Thanks. -- I was mislead that they were only locals then... I knew that was wrong.

Well... The 1000.n is fairly small and definitely normal these days. Let's hope he's not that bad of a douche! Maybe ask him, or hand him the 1000.n so he does the right thing.

I may just find a different building.. if he's being this big of a fartknocker now, lord only knows what else he'll do.... Thanks.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts