Can't get 129 sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It has something to do with the fact that the EA dish, like most multi-slot pizza dishes, isn't perfectly parabolic and when combined with the WA LNB assembly, there are some serious performance problems. My local dealer has a bunch of 1000.4WA dishes and DISH won't let him use them.
When I was a tech, I made extensive use of the 1000.2 WA because it was much easier to set up, more versatile in configuring receiver setups and most importantly, the 1000.2 displayed better signal strengths.

what channels do you actually lose out on without 129? I'm potentially moving into the US in the next 6-7 months and my potential landlord is a bit of a douche, refuses to let Dish come and install a dish, "he has to do it" and it can't be "a huge one - small normal one". which I can only gather as the original small ones. my requirements for channels are like all the ESPN, and Food,, Comedy, NHL Centre Ice, NBA Full Court.... but they all need to be HD.... SD burns my eyes..
The 1000.2 is noticeably smaller than the 1000.4...
UNless your landlord has the proper meters and tools, he will not be successful in peaking the antenna.
I don't know in which state you live, but I can tell you that your landlord is on the cusp of being in violation of OTARD rules.
Look up in fcc.gov "fact sheet on dish placement"..

Rights to Dish gives the right to a 1-1 1/2 meter Dish, placed in a non structure damaging private area(balcony on a tripod, or if he allows a mount, can have a single mount).
OTARD only goes up to 1 meter dishes outside of Alaska. You should have read the text of the link you posted.

OTARD does not override a specific lease covenant.

I was saying 1 to 1 1/2, but did read it after posting. As long as in a location that is deemed an exclusive area to the consumer, and is placed without any damage to the building, the landlord can not say no. This would be something like a balcony, or terrace on a tripod, or I saw my buddy do a clamp mount once, but that was the only one of those I had ever seen and required a lot of zip ties. In that case, if no holes are being drilled, the landlord has zero say to a consumer getting a dish installed.
Now if it needed placed on a room, or cables drilled through or even just cable clamps on the building then the landlord has a say, and can ultimately deny. But he can only deny the structure damaging portion of the install, not the install itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)