Can't get a lock on G10R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatAdam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 2, 2006
I used my little sat finder (Accutrac 22 Pro) to get a signal where G10R should be, I set my skew per the sat finder program and with my angle finder (I don't use the markings on the LNB, but rather a stand alone angle finder) I get like a 81 signal.

The problem is, my reciever (Viewsat 2000 Platnum) won't "lock" onto the bird.
When I do a blind scan however, the JC penney channel etc. show up.

What are all the settings (LNB Frequency, TP, and all) to get the thing to lock on?

Also, should I be getting bleed over from 121 with the blind scan?

Bleed over from adjacent strong satellites is very possible, we need to know what type of LNBF you have to give you the correct settings.

The LNB I have on there is a cheapo one I got off Ebay before I knew I needed quality stuff.

the numbers on it say: 11.7-12.2GHz N.F. 0.5 dB

I know it's not the best one in the world but it is a temp LNB, I just ordered an Invacom QPH-031, then next month I am going to get a motor.

Why do fun hobbies always cost money?!?! ;)

Don't give up! Listen to what the fellas on here have to say and you will be up and running in no time! I am prime example of that :)

Well, after fooling with it all day, I finally got all the channels, but it won't lock for anything...

The Pentagon Channel is shaky and the voice doesn't sync up with the pictures until I go in and out of the menu a few times. Any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts