can't get a picture on 2nd tv

max_jack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
My dual 522 was working great and I was getting a picture on both tvs. Now, the tv where the receiver is located works great. On the other tv, I just get the "acquiring satellit" screen and it never seems to find the satellites. Just got dish network about 2 weeks ago....any suggestions? Thanks!

First of all, check the connection coming from the satellite to the switch and then from the switch to the back of the 522. Sounds like one might be loose.

A good fix-all for the 522 seems to be a reboot. Hold down the power button on the front of the 522 for approximately six seconds until it shuts down. Allow it to power up and once TV1 has a signal (it may download the guide again), see if TV2 has a signal. If not, we'll move on.

Rebooted. Still get acquiring satellite signal....it gets to 3 or 4, then goes back to zero and tries another satellite....never acquires the signal. I can get the dvr shows on the 2nd tv, just not the live feed......

For fun, let's try a Check Switch. Menu > 6 > 1 > 1 > Check Switch.

From the results screen, read each line all the way across.

Max! I hope your problem has been detected and fix by now. I am having the same problem so if you've gotten TV2 working again maybe you can share with the forum what you might have learned from the Technicial about the cause of the problem and how he finally fixed it.

Thk ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)