Can't get AC-3 on Fortec Lifetime Classic NA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
I'm trying to get audio for Retrojams on G-10R. The STB (Fortec L. T. Classic NA) doesn't display an AC-3 indicator for that channel. When I look at the channel details by pressing the info button, it says the Audio PID is 32767.

I tried doing a manual scan using Video PID 101, Audio PID 102 and PCR PID of 101. No soap.

By the way, AC-3 audio for the Spanish language channels (KEYU and KAMT) on G-10R come in fine. Also audio for the PBS channels on AMC 3 work OK also, so the receiver checks out for other channels.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Is your channel memory close to being full? Have you tried deleting a few unneeded channels and transponders and then rescanning?

Is your channel memory close to being full? Have you tried deleting a few unneeded channels and transponders and then rescanning?

Not sure about the memory status. Once I get the scanned channels into Channel Master, I can wipe the receiver and try that.

Your signal in the 60's is fine, that's all I get here on a 4' dish. With my viewsat I had to edit my channel list in Channel Master to add the AC3 and apid of 102 to that channel. Might give that a try.

Your signal in the 60's is fine, that's all I get here on a 4' dish. With my viewsat I had to edit my channel list in Channel Master to add the AC3 and apid of 102 to that channel. Might give that a try.

Hmmm.... Channel Master won't read the channels from the Fortec LT NA directly. But I did use the Fortec DnUpMan tool to edit the database to get things working.

The channel created by scanning the TP from the antenna setup menu still didn't work after trying to set the APID and AC-3 bit in DnUpMan. But the channel generated from the manual scan menu using VPID 101, APID102 and PCR could be changed in DnUpMan so that it worked.

But by then it was late, so infomercials were playing, not music. :p

It was a combination of two things. The APID and AC-3 bit were wrong and some field called the PMT wasn't right also.

THANKS everyone for your input! :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)