cant get check switch to work HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adrenalinem4n

Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
I'm trying to find the birds in the sky but can't get the check swithc to work. I've tried using a dp quad lnbf direct with a 50' cable rg6 to a 508 dp and a 4900 reciever to a twin digital lnbf neither of which are saying anything but switch uinknown. What could be the problem? I want to be able to point this dish soon but need help!!! thanks guys

ok thanks i'll go out again and try and aim, just never had this much trouble aiming it before, and have recieved information that it will say switch just nothing about satelights, anyway will hook meter up and try again.

If your message is switch unknown, there is no data link wih the LNB and receiver. I find that even though there may be an alignment problem, the receiver should identify the correct lnb. Since the 508 is a dp model, it will acknowledge both early and late model lnb's. Try using the 508 only for the switch test. If no luck check for cable problems first, then LNB. If you identify the switch that you are using, then peak the dish....

i tried connecting both the quad and the twin with a 5' cable just to run check switch and no go...??? I'm so confused, before it was set up with store bought 50' grounded rg6

Using the directions on previous post, the 508 hooked to lnb direct, perform check switch test. If un- successful, the receiver is either defective or lnb. Assumming that your cable run is good, that is. This is a process of elimination. If test is good, it's time to locate the satellite of choice. After you peak the dish, turn off the receiver and allow approx. 30min for a software up-grade. After the up-grade has occurred, you should be ready to install other needed parts required for your set-up. The 4900 is 1st generation hardware. It will not operate with DP hardware without DP adapter. You said that this was an operating system that has been out of service for ????. So, you should understand the correct wiring? Current software for 508= P 4.05 4900= P 3.26

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)