Can't get DirecTivo to dial out over AT&T Callvantage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickberk

Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Long Island, NY
Hi guys-
I just switched over to AT&T Callvantage and one of the main selling points was the fact that it was compatible with the Tivos. Everything is set up, and my jacks are now live via my TA. I have Fax and modem support enabled on my Callvantage account. Problem is, my Tivos won't dial out. I have a gut feeling it's not dialing the area code first, but I can't swear to it. Anyone who's had this problem and gotten past it, care to share what you did? Thanks in advance. I did a search and came up empty...

What did you have to do?...I was thinking about doing that as well, but the Tivo issue is the main thing holding me back.

Well, I wish I could say for sure. Here's what happened. I tried to make the daily call and several test calls, but didn't have the 10 digit number set up, only the 7 digits. Callvantage requires 10 digit dialing. The only way to get back into the option of 10 digit dialing is to go into the phone settings, change dialing options, and call in to download the list of phone numbers. That is where you get the option to use 10 digit dialing. For some reason, when I tried to make the call to get the list of numbers, it wouldn't connect. After about 6 tries, it finally did and gave me the numbers to choose, and the opton of 7, 10, or 11 digit dialing. Also, set the Phone Available detection to "off", and set Dial Tone detection to "off". I just checked my HR10-250, and it made a successful call this afternoon. Also, I do have Fax/Modem feature enabled on my Callvantage account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.