Can't get Fox OTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Customgamer1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Today I just got the new ViP211 installed and I love it. I have had Dish for a while and with the old box I really never had any problems with OTA until now. I live in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area and I tried to program the OTA channels on the new box. They all work in come in fine but Fox will not even show up on the list. The old box picked it up fine and the antenna is in the same spot and I moved it like 20 times and it is just not picking up that channel. I have no idea what to do??? Any help would be great!

Also I am new to this forum and so far it's great!!!!!

I had a problem with my ViP622 where it would not detect any of the OTA channels when scanning. I manually added them and it worked fine. Most of the signals are quite strong and I've not had a problem since.

Ok I saw that you could do that but how do you add them in? I tried but nothing happened??? Maybe I am not putting in the right number?

blue said:
You need to insure you are adding channels manually by using their DIGITAL channel assignment. You can find these on the web. For example, here is a list provided by Antennas Direct, http://www.antennasdirect.com/HDTV_station_lists.html

After selecting add local, curser over to the transit number. Either scroll up/down to the specific channel number and wait for meter to register (make sure you use the transit number, not the channel number the digital is mapped down to.) Note: the 622 does not have an analog tuner.

I have a 211 receiver and FOX is the only local channel that I can't get a lock on. The signal strength jumps from a high of 82 to 0 and fluctuates constantly. Pixellation is really bad too. All the other local digital channels come in fine. Fox channel in Phoenix uses digital channel 31 which maps to channel 10.1. I have had several conversations with the local channel engineer and he can't understand why I'm having a problem. I have a HUGE off-air rooftop antenna too. Could it be a problem with the 211 receiver?

I can't pick up my local FOX in Gainesville, FL with my 211 either. It shows signal in the 80% but will not lock. I get it fine with the tuner on my tv though.

Well thanks for the help! I got my Fox working! And i4tas thats the site I found this page from!!!! Anyways I just did not put the right digital number in.

FOX OAL not coming in

I also have the same problem. I had an 811 and it picked up FOX here in the Bayarea, CA. I just switched to VIP211 and FOX OAL channel can be seen on my screen but it is all pixled and freezes. Never a constant feed. What's up, and how to resolve the issue.
THX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)