can't get FTA Receiver and signal working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enice20

Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I have purcharsed a winguard 31" reciever and a coolsat receiver 8000 as long as a winguard satellite finder and a invacom quad polar with 40mm horn and no matter what i try i don't seem to get a quality singnal.. i 85 on the signal bar but nothing on the quality strength. i tried almost everything. Now i am a newbie so it's obviously something i'm doing wrong. i'm in riverdale bronx, ny zip code 10471. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Have you set your LNB frequency to 10750?

Also what satellites have you been trying to aim at?

Also if you are not using a motor you need to manually skew the LNB.

i'm trying them one by one

to see if i get any channels. yes i'm not using a motor and where would i change the frequency on the lnb.. thanks for your help

I think it is under "Installation" and then "LNB Type".
I don't have a Coolsat but I looked at the instruction manual.

Also the transponders that are listed in the Coolsat may not be up to date so check TheList.
Also are you using a Diseq switch?

I am also going to recommend this: Satellite Look Angles

thanks i saw that made the change.. yes i a diseq switch but i just took it out of the picture now to see if that helped. now i'm getting 76 percent on the top signal but nothing on the bottom i'm going to try and move the dish some to see if it goes back to 84 like before but this time it also changes the bottom meter which i think it's the quality meter.

Since you have the Invacom QPH LNBF, you can use it to find some of the stronger DBS birds. For now, take all switches out of the equation. Run one cable from a circular (C) output of your LNBF to your receiver. It is very helpful to have the receiver and a small TV at the dish site. Try to hit the satellites at 110w and 119w. In your antenna setup, use L.O. 11250, 22k off, DiSEqC off, motor off. Flip through your transponders to be sure you are on a live one. After you find something, mark the post and move the dish to a linear FSS bird like G-10R at 123w. Connect an L output of the Invacom to the receiver. Use L.O. 10750, 22k off, DiSEqC off, motor off. Finding the Ku linear sats will be harder than the circular DBS ones, since they are weaker and require a more exact aim. Use very slow movements of the dish, 1/4 of an inch can make the difference between no signal and the highest signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)