Can't get HDCP channels.......

markjordon

Original poster
Jan 20, 2015
St. Louis, Mo
I'm new to this website and new to Dish, just got Dish on 1/7/15, can't get HDCP channels, I've been with 20 techs, on the phone and on line, I've done all the "tricks" they told me to do including a new HDMI cable. I have a 211Z receiver which is not Component capable, otherwise I would go that route. I have a 2011 Vizio TV, they swear it is HDCP ready. I could get new TV, but I'm disabled and would put a financial strain on me. Please let me know if you have any solutions. Thank you

Bizarre. I have an older Vizio TV that's working great with my 612. What exact model Vizio do you have?

Can you borrow another tv set with a HDMI connection from somebody for a day or so, and see what happens with that one? It's got to be either the tv set, OR the receiver, if you've already tried another HDMI cable. Unless of course you have another bad cable, maybe both bought at the same time or have the same issue? My cables are from Monoprice on one of their "5 cables for $4" or whatever real cheap price, and they work fine.

I vbought a set of good HDMI cables from Best Buy $29, still no luck. Do you think it's the TV, Vizio swears it's HDCP ready, been round and round with them too.

Then if it has never worked with your setup, and your TV is HDCP capable, then you should call Dish and have them verify the setup/receiver works. Sounds like something is wrong, and if it is, you should see about getting a credit or something.

It sounds like it is the receiver, base on what you've said and done. Try to contact DIRT on this website and see what they can do for you.

You'll want to start a conversation (PM) them. There are none of them available at this moment but look for them, shown in red in the helpers online area on the main pages.

It could also be the HDCP compliant device in the TV not working as well. Not saying it isn't the receiver, but looking at all angles.

Reactions: KAB
The acid test will be for Dirt to get you a replacement, and if a No Go, it's the Vizio. But as mentioned before, ask for a 211k so if it is the TV, you can connect via component.

Reactions: ChadT41
Primestar, did hook up another TV no luck

It could also be the HDCP compliant device in the TV not working as well. Not saying it isn't the receiver, but looking at all angles.

The acid test will be for Dirt to get you a replacement, and if a No Go, it's the Vizio. But as mentioned before, ask for a 211k so if it is the TV, you can connect via component.

He tried it with a different TV, it's the receiver.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts