Can't get KOCO TV 5.0, 5.1, 5.2 in OKC with OTA dongle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

h2ouup2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 5, 2007
Oklahoma City
I have the OTA dongle for the HWS, and a large antenna in the attic. When I had my 722K I was able to get all the local channels 30+ as I am less than 10 miles from the towers.

Now that I have the OTA USB dongle connected to the HWS, I get them all but channel 5.0, 5.1 & 5.2 (ABC). When I check the signal of the station straight through the antenna I get a better signal than KFOR 4(NBC)... and KFOR shows up as do the rest on the HWS and the OTA USB dongle.

Any suggestions as I do like MeTV and also there are times when DISH is out, and I can still watch football on channel 5 ABC over the air.

If ch5 is your strongest channel, it might be overdriving/overloading the dongle. Cure would be to try an attenuator to cut the signal down a bit. A simple splitter might be just enough to do the job.
That is what I would try first.

...as I am less than 10 miles from the towers
I'd have to agree with overdriving the tuner. If you're that close, why the "large antenna" ?

If you don't have an attenuator handy, one thing to try that might work is to simply turn the antenna in the wrong direction and see if that allows you to pick them up. That's just a temporary idea, mind you. Actually though, if everything comes in strong enough, you can certainly leave it like that. My antenna doesn't point at Dayton's local channel's towers (they are all in the same area), but points towards Cincinnati's towers. I am less than 8 miles from Dayton's towers, so I still get them all just fine, plus now I receive almost all of the UHF stations out of Cincinnati.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)