Can't get local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reagan02

Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hi there...I'm kinda new to this so please take it easy on me.

I just added a phase 111 dish to my other phase 111 hoping to get Toledo locals but no such luck. I only have the one tv so I'm pretty sure I don't have any wires crossed.Direct tv says I'm good to go and have tried communicating or updating my DVR R-10 by sending out a signal...but nothing. They can't seem to tell me the problem. If I check my signal strength it shows excellent strength on 101 A, 119 B, and 110 C. All transponders look good. But when I run the system check I'm getting an error...Multiswitch-None
Is there a problem in the multiswitch I'm using? Did I hook something up wrong? Am I not getting the satellite I need for locals here? Direct Tv can't tell me anything. There tech support is crap. They want to send someone out but because of where I am located...This time of year it will cost a fortune as they have to fly. Can anyone give me some insight into what I'm doing wrong. This cannot be so difficult. I appreciate your help.

You are running two Phase III dishes?..............Did they tell you where your locals are coming from?
How many receivers do you have and what kind?

Where are the four wires from the LNB going?

Joe

Thanks Greg,

I just responded to Regan's PM.....................I was going to ask someone to post the sats & transponders for Toledo 43456.......and you took it a step further.

Reagan,

What Greg reported will clarify my PM to you. Your equipment is probably fine. No number of new LNBs will fix what needs fixing. There is a satellite at 72.5 degrees west longitude that DTV uses for locals in some markets and apparently yours in Toledo.

If you do have the international dish they use for this it may need pointing. The main group of sats is in the SW from 99 to 119 degrees west longitude. Your azimuth (compass line) to these from Toledo is about 210. The satellite Greg mentioned is further east and is not "seen" by the III Phase.

So you need the correct dish, pointing & a local tech to do it..........Maybe somebody on here is local to you.

Good luck. Report success.

Joe

OK, he PM'd me that he is on an island in lake erie.

He needs a second dish pointing at 72.5 and a multiswitch to set it all up.

Sounds like he as a second dish, but it is a second phase 3. I don't think you can use that LNB to get a single location, but I'm not sure. Anyone have experience in getting a flex location with the phase 3?

He could probally use the same dish, but just buy/get a single lnb.

Reagan - did this work before and stop working, or are you trying to do a new setup for locals?

Masterdeal...............been in touch with Reagan also by PM..............I'm in Maryland....my understanding is that an 18" is used for the 72.5 but this is also the line to the international.

Anyone know..international...3 phase......18".....? What do you guys around Detroit & Toledo use?????

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)