Can't get signal since yesterday. Details inside. Pls help

skuba

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Hi Guys,

I have what I believe to be a dish500 and the 311 receiver. It's one of those dishes with dp dual, but I only really have 1 there. I only use it to get international channels on echostar 1, satellite 148, transponder 11.

Everything was working fine until today. There has been no rains or winds or anything. I checked the connection and they seem fine.

Anyway, when I start the receive, it can't acquire a signal, so I go into setup and test the switch. THe status shows as "problems detected, check connections", then I go into details, it says "LNB status:direct connect to a dp dual
dp dual-1 good connection, no signal"

So what does it mean? The dish is actually working and I just have to adjust it to get the signal, or there might be a problem with the lnb?

Please , I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Your dish is out of alignment. Good connection means that the receiver and LNB are in communication with each other. No signal means the LNB has nothing for you man. Repoint that dish. Otherwise, you might need a new LNB.

Thanks guys. I fixed it. It was just the signal. And usually it is, but the support guy was telling it us something else. I think he just wanted to send somebody over and charge me for it.
Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts