Can't get the new HD...but can't go EA either...what are my options?

Now I'm disgusted. I just spoke with a "Partner Helpdesk Subject Matter Expert (an Escalations Team)" person and he told me (1) my SD locals are on 61.5 (which I believe is untrue) and that (2) the only way for me to get the new channels is to pay for an upgrade to EA and sing a 24 month commitment.

He was telling me that it was fair for me to pay and commit, as I need to upgrade my SD receivers to HD. He did not understand that I don't have HDTV's there and could care less if I have SD or HD receivers, the only reason I need the upgrade is to get the channels that I already pay for.

His response to this was that I already get those channels in SD. DOESN'T HE KNOW I ALREADY KNOW THAT? I want the channels in HD, as they are included in the programming I pay for, but he tells me that I have to pay for the upgrade, and this is fair.

I pointed out to him that I already paid to upgrade to HD when I got my HDTV - I had to pay for my 722 and new dish. He said this is different, now I have to pay to have an upgrade to the "new signal system," and it's fair for me to pay as I will be upgrading all rooms to HD now.

But I don't have HD in those rooms!

He also told me that there's nothing else Executive Resolutions can do, but I'm still going to pursue it. Either they help me or I go to DirecTV. We'll see how much they want their customers.

You could do what I did, to solve my problems with Dish over the Sabres Games in SD and lack of Yankees games in any form on Dish.

Since you most likely have Roadrunner already for internet; TWC made me an offer I couldn't refuse. The equivalent of ATT250, plus platiumn HD, with an HD DVR and an additional HD Reciever, along with Roadrunner for $85 a month for year one, $95 amonth for year two. Price guaranteed with no commitment on my part.

I guess it was a smart move on my part. Perhaps Dish will have their act straightened out by time my two year pricing deal is up in the fall of 2011. I miss my 722 receiver, however I love the Buffalo Sabres and Yankees games in HD.

First try the 61.5/72.7 with a Dish500, it's your cheapest solution.

With the DPP44 leave the other Dish500 on 110/119 and you should have what you need and tell Dish to screw itself.

Now I'm disgusted. I just spoke with a "Partner Helpdesk Subject Matter Expert (an Escalations Team)" person and he told me (1) my SD locals are on 61.5 (which I believe is untrue) and that (2) the only way for me to get the new channels is to pay for an upgrade to EA and sing a 24 month commitment.

If you're in Buffalo, call Intertech (local installer) and see what they can do. I've always found them to be very knowledgeable.

Last time I checked with Intertech, they said I need 2 dishes in Buffalo to get HD and locals but that was 2 years ago. Things may have changed since then but Intertech should be able to help you more than DISH CSRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)