Can't Link With Car's System

cekkk

Original poster
Aug 1, 2013
Central Colorado
My DW just got a new SUV and phone a few weeks ago. Her cell phone use seldom runs over ten or 15 minutes a month. So when her old one conked out I bought her a Z431 for a few bucks. I think it's normally used for pay as you go service, but AT&T said to just insert the old SIM card. It didn't work, so they were kind enough to activate the card that came with the phone without a charge. Went to an AT&T store and uploaded my contacts into her new phone and all was well. Until I synced it to the Navigation system in her car. If it helps anyone trying to solve the problem, it's a 2013 Ford Expedition King Ranch navigation system.

My iPhone hooked up without a problem. This new phone did as well, and I even got the contacts in it transferred over. The problem is that when she gets in, the car sees it but says there is no connection, or whatever term they use. Then I have to go into the phone, go to Bluetooth and tell it to search for a device. The car sees it, tells me to put an id number into the phone and sometimes all goes well, but usually it fails.

Any ideas at all as to what's going on here? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)