can't locate some satellites

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
As I am having a new roof put on my house I decided to try to mount my dish in the back yard, thus avoiding having it on my roof. I want to receive the eastern arc, which I receive on the dish on my roof. I bought a dish on e-mail which was supposed to receive 61.5, 72.5 and 77 Sats. The dish reflector is marked Turbo HD,
After trying to locate the sats, I found I could only find the 61.5 sat, I noticed that the LNBs were not seperated with one at the left hand side for 61.5 ( facing the dish) and the other two bunched close together for 72 and 77 on the left side. I then bought a Lnb head advertised for the eastern arc with the seperation between 61.5 and the other sats. I still can only get 61.5 . Can any one tell me if the dish reflector marked turbo hd is right one to receive the eastern arc. I have trees , but since I can receive 61.5 which is the lowest elavation I don't understand how the trees could be blocking sats 72 and 77.

Thanks for reading this long inquiry. I would appreciate any advice you could provide me.

I think there may be three different dishes labeled with Turbo HD. I think the 1000, the 1000.2, and the 1000.4 all have the label. If I remember correctly the 1000.2 and the 1000.4 are slightly larger than the 1000. The 1000.4 is the only one configured for the Eastern Arc with the LNB having a two and one as you describe, but the LNB arm is longer than the 1000.2 making it unsuitable for proper alignment to receive all three satellites.

How much experience do you have in aiming satellite dishes? You might be ahead of the game by calling DISH to do the install.

You want to use a dish identical to the one on your roof or it will be a major headache trying to get all 3 sats w/ decent signal strength

What does the checkswitch screen say? 61.5 should be in the 3rd column

If you are using the right parts you are probably just picking up 61.5 on the wrong LNB Try raising the elevation about 2-3 degrees and rotating the the dish to the left

Thanks I have experience locating satellites, I guess I am going to do what I should have done originally, Buy a BRAND NEW 1000.4 for eastern arc. Does any one know if there any plase you can buy just the 1000.4 without the LNBS ?
Thanks again !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)