Can't Program a Sony STR-DE895 on AUX key

dturturro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
I tried every Sony code and even power scanned to get my 6.3 remote to control my Sony STR-DE895. I am putting a 2 first. I have a different Sony stereo in the room and while I'm trying to program the remote the 2nd Sony keeps going on and off. Anyone have any tips for me?

Not true! There is a way, I can't remember though. you need to change something on the Sony receiver. I can't remember what it is though. you turn off the receiver, and then hold down one of the buttons on the receivers front panel. Something like "display". and then turn on the receiver. after that you can let go of the button. it will say something different in the display of the receiver and then you can program your remote. I'll try to remember when I get home.

Not true! There is a way, I can't remember though. you need to change something on the Sony receiver. I can't remember what it is though. you turn off the receiver, and then hold down one of the buttons on the receivers front panel. Something like "display". and then turn on the receiver. after that you can let go of the button. it will say something different in the display of the receiver and then you can program your remote. I'll try to remember when I get home.

I remember reading something similar to this about Sony receivers. You need to change something on the Sony first. Also, some receivers won't turn off also, like my Onkyo. You might try turning it on instead of turning it off when checking the codes. Good luck. I know I prefer my Dish remote over any others I have tried including Harmony.

Maybe there's hope, and thanks in advance for checking. I really don't like using multiple remotes. I have 3 Sony recievers, two program with the aux: 2730 code, the DG500 does not.

After more research, on my Sony STR-DG500 I held in the "Input" switch and then "Power". The screen then indicated it was in the "AV1" mode. From other forums I learned many of the Sony's default to "AV2" mode.

The "2730" code worked like a champ!!

I'm a happy camper now :)

After more research, on my Sony STR-DG500 I held in the "Input" switch and then "Power". The screen then indicated it was in the "AV1" mode. From other forums I learned many of the Sony's default to "AV2" mode.

The "2730" code worked like a champ!!

I'm a happy camper now :)

Yep, that was it. Sorry for not being able to remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts