Can't receive over the air channels on TV2 from VIP722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

swright227

Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Florida
Hello, new here.

I have a Winegard Roadtrip minimax dish and Dish sat service with a VIP722 receiver on my RV. I have my over the air antenna connected by coax to my VIP722. I get local high def channels from the over the air antenna on TV1, but none appear on the program guide on TV2. I called Dish and they made me do a check switch while they downloaded the program guide. I still don't have the locals on TV2. After this, Dish was clueless. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

A regular 722 with the built in tuner only shows the OTA locals on TV1. A 722k with an OTA module that is an add on has two tuners and will show the locals on TV1 and TV2.

Years ago, when I bought my 722, I too was unpleasantly surprised by this limitation and wish it could be fixed via firmware upgrade. Never has been, and probably never will be. :(

Thanks for the information. It's a relief that there is a logical, physical reason for the action. Incredible that Dish "advanced Tech" couldn't tell me something this simple. Great forum, by the way.

The worst part of the TV2 limitation for OTA on the 722 is if you set up a Dish Pass timer from TV2, it won't search the OTA channels. You have to set up the timer from TV1. I learned this the hard way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)