Can't recognize receiver at dishanywhere.com

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riderj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 21, 2007
Branson
I tried to log onto my receiver thru dishanywhere.com and the receiver is not recognized. When I click on My Recordings this error message appears on the screen: “PAGE DISABLED The page you are trying to access requires connection to your DVR, and we haven’t been able to connect. We will continue trying to connect in the background.” This happens on the laptop and the PC.
I contacted support a couple of days ago and they gave me to Advanced Broadband Support, and after jumping through many hoops to no avail I finally got someone that said that this is a known issue, and just keep logging back on as they are working on it.
My network is fine, the receiver is recognized, and I can download movies through the broadband. I am surprised that no one else has posted on this issue.
Any ideas?

Did you reset you receiver: pull the plug and your router and the plug both back in ? When I have trouble reaching my receiver on dishanywhere I do that first and it works every time to reestablish the connection to the internet so I can get on the app.

I tried to log onto my receiver thru dishanywhere.com and the receiver is not recognized. When I click on My Recordings this error message appears on the screen: “PAGE DISABLED The page you are trying to access requires connection to your DVR, and we haven’t been able to connect. We will continue trying to connect in the background.” This happens on the laptop and the PC.
I contacted support a couple of days ago and they gave me to Advanced Broadband Support, and after jumping through many hoops to no avail I finally got someone that said that this is a known issue, and just keep logging back on as they are working on it.
My network is fine, the receiver is recognized, and I can download movies through the broadband. I am surprised that no one else has posted on this issue.
Any ideas?

Ive been reading a fix in early December to fix this? I would not hold my breath on the 3rd....

I've noticed that sometimes I get this error, and if I change my browser to Firefox it will connect. DishAnyWhere, for me, seems to work better on Windows Internet Explorer than Firefox. I don't know why it would make a difference, but it does.

Another thing is the Windows Internet Explorer works better with my security cameras too, rather than Firefox. Those are the only two instances where I go to Windows Explorer first.

We don't use Dish-anywhere to often but planned to use it during our Thanksgiving trip to Colorado. Tried to set it up on our laptop yesterday and found it did not work - the webpage said we didn't have any capable receivers. This was puzzling since we had used it until a couple of weeks ago when our HWS crashed and we had to replace it. Now we have a new receiver and it has the latest software on it and Dish-anywhere does not work. After half an hour on the phone with tech support I was told that there is a problem with all laptop access to Dish-anywhere and a fix was expected by December 3rd, so we won't have it for out vacation.
So we'll see if the problem is fixed by December 3rd but meanwhile we will go without any sports on Thanksgiving day.
It seems that a new software release would be thoroughly tested for everything before it was released. I guess Dish doesn't consider Dish-anywhere users are very important.

We just finished watching the Seahawks win over Arizona. Used the laptop to hit the Hopper at our residence. Have used the laptop to watch many hours of programming off of our Hopper at home. Both Firefox and Explorer work, but Explorer works better.

Using a Droid Bionic on a Verizon unlimited data plan. Have 4G here, and a fast connection at the residence.

Mine has worked on my Ipad since I got my HWS about 3 weeks ago. Just checked at dishanywhere.com and it works fine, I did have to install a Firefox plugin to watch a live tv station, but it saw my dvr recordings just fine.

We had used the Dish Anywhere on our old HWS and it worked fine, but that hopped died a couple of weeks ago. The old hopped did not have the latest software on it but the new one does so I'll bet that is the problem.
Also, the tech said the Android apps were the only ones having a problem and they were working on a fix by Dec 3rd.

Are you using the same log in on Mydish and DA? If you go to the equipment page, does it show your new HWS R number?
Yes I'm on S514. My desktop computer is on XP and the laptop is Win7. DA works on both.
Can you get to Account and Devices on DA on your computer. If so does it list the IPAD as a device.

I think it has something to do with folks that recently replaced their receiver, and not even necessarily whether the previous receiver had the most recent software. I had the most recent software on my old Hopper unit then it went into a boot loop that it wouldn't come out of and had to be replaced. Hooked up the new one, plugged in the sling adapter (have an older model hopper) and the DishAnywhere site does not list it as a compatible receiver. The regular mydish site lists the receiver and recognizes that it's hooked up to the internet. So Dish is getting some communication back from the unit, and I am able to view on demand programming but the DA site will not recognize the unit. And yes I've tried 3 different browsers along with rebooting my cable modem, router & switch (yes I rebooted the switch as it's a layer 3 managed switch).

I think it has something to do with folks that recently replaced their receiver, and not even necessarily whether the previous receiver had the most recent software
Yes.

My Hopper started skipping/freezing right after I got S514. In fact, I figured it was just a bug of the new software and not a problem with the box (I HATE coincidences).

It kept happening so I finally did an Advanced Exchange on the day before Thanksgiving.

Dish Anywhere did the same as reported above ('no compatible receivers') , but the phone app on my Samsung phone had no problem seeing the new receiver and worked immediately.

Neither my Chromebook nor my Windows/IE desktop will "see" the new Hopper. (didn't try Firefox)

My advance CSR (called around 3:00 PM today) finally said "known issue" and said it ought to be fixed in 48 hours.

We shall see.

With the integration, when I look at timers, the timers for the show up by the R number, not the labeled name. I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem

I had issues with Chrome. Tried on Explorer and it shows certain things but not other things. Says it has a connection and downloads on demand shows still. There are definitely some issues going on there. It does not work on the app either on my tablet. It used to work. I have the 722 with sling adapter at my place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts