Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Was going to record the aircraft carrier game with MSU vs UNC basketball but kept getting that i am not authorized to record. I can watch it live, am Watching it now

Can anybody with 3D try recording channel 106?

I tried a refresh with no help, wondering if it is just me or it is blocked from recording for some reason?

i couldn't pause/rewind/record any espn channels yesterday (tried to record nascar practice) all other channels were ok.

did not do ce update from last weekend, but had the previous weekends, but it's a new bug, it was fine last week.

i have no tried since last night, really bizarre.

i couldn't pause/rewind/record any espn channels yesterday (tried to record nascar practice) all other channels were ok.

did not do ce update from last weekend, but had the previous weekends, but it's a new bug, it was fine last week.

Just checked, ESPN FF's and Rewinds fine here.

Still can't here I can record but it never plays and goes straight to delete yes/no

Hmmm, wonder whats up on your end ...
I just Recorded ESPN to check again and was able to Pause, FF and Rewind fine.

Can you do these features without it being a Recorded program ?Does other recordings give you the same results ?
Maybe you have a HD going bad ?

Jimbo said:
Hmmm, wonder whats up on your end ...
I just Recorded ESPN to check again and was able to Pause, FF and Rewind fine.

Can you do these features without it being a Recorded program ?Does other recordings give you the same results ?
Maybe you have a HD going bad ?

Can't do it at any time only on espn channels. Every other channel I've tried works fine. Recorded or live. Im on the october 30 ce but seems like it's a problem local to my box. It's a refurb I got 2 weeks ago to replace the other box that the power company zapped
Tried restarting, haven't tried going back to the nr hopefully there will be a ce next week and we'll see how that goes

The signal is getting to the box (the light blinks like a button was pressed) it's just not doing anything. On sd espn I get the error thud noise

I watched the Packers-Vikings game last night on ESPN and had the same experience. I have an HR24 500. It wouldn't pause, rewind, FF, record. If I changed to another channel, all of the DVR functions worked just fine, just not on ESPN. I tried my other DVR receivers on ESPN and worked just fine, so it seems to be only my HR24 500 receiver. I downloaded the beta a couple weeks ago, but didn't notice the problem until last night. Glad to hear that others are also experiencing these symptoms. Still not working tonight, 11-15.

So, is it a particular CE that you guys are on and I'm on a different one ?
I am currently on 0576 from 11/4.

I don't see how it could happen on 1 channel only...

Guys, does it happen ONLY during games , by chance ?

This would be even worse in the overall scheme of things.

This was brought up by Jason originally about his 3D channel, are you guys talking about HD, SD or 3D or all of the above ?

I am currently on the 11/4 download 0576 on my HR24 500, and it seems to be only the ESPNHD that I am experiencing the issues with loss of DVR functions, although I haven't tried the ESPN3D channel lately. I know I've recorded the 3D channel before with no problems, but haven't tried it lately. I'll give it a try and let you know. I've done two or three resets on the receiver and it still does not work on the ESPNHD channel. One thing I did try was the DVR functions on the SD version of ESPN and it worked just fine. Go figure.

It's all espn channels for me, even espnnews hd and sd channels. I'm on the 10 31 ce dont know the version number because I'm not at home
I am unable to do any dvr function at any time game or no game

Well, I just tried it on ESPN when I saw this post and once again, I am having No trouble doing the FF/Rewind or pause on the channel.

Tried again tonight espnu works fine others do not I did notice the power light on the receiver does not flash every time I press pause. Play works as normal. I will rule out the software after another ce.

I can't use any DVR functions on ESPN or ESPN2. Every other channel I've tried works fine. DVR functions (pause, rewind, skip back, etc) cause the receiver to not respond to any other commands for a few seconds, but otherwise have no effect. If I try to record on ESPN/ESPN2, it appears to work, but if I try to play it, it just immediately asks if I want to delete it -- it doesn't think anything is there.

In addition to the people in this thread, there are people on the official DirecTV forums with the same problem: Problems pausing/rewinding/rec | High Definition Digital Video | DIRECTV Technical Help Forums

It has been going on for at least a couple weeks. I first noticed this on MNF on 11/14. I've tried resetting the receiver multiple times to no avail. I have the HR24.

StealthMonkey said:
I can't use any DVR functions on ESPN or ESPN2. Every other channel I've tried works fine. DVR functions (pause, rewind, skip back, etc) cause the receiver to not respond to any other commands for a few seconds, but otherwise have no effect. If I try to record on ESPN/ESPN2, it appears to work, but if I try to play it, it just immediately asks if I want to delete it -- it doesn't think anything is there.

In addition to the people in this thread, there are people on the official DirecTV forums with the same problem: Problems pausing/rewinding/rec | High Definition Digital Video | DIRECTV Technical Help Forums

It has been going on for at least a couple weeks. I first noticed this on MNF on 11/14. I've tried resetting the receiver multiple times to no avail. I have the HR24.

Are you on a ce release or no?

Well... and this is going to seem ridiculous... I'm pretty sure I am, by accident. I saw something on Engadget or some other blog about a month ago that said the new HD GUI was coming out and how to tell your receiver to download so you didn't have to wait for it to happen organically. I happened to do in on a Saturday night around midnight (you probably know where this is going). After posting this, by reading a bunch online, I've since come to realize what happened. So yeah, long story short, the version I am running is 0575, which I'm pretty sure is a CE. I could see how this could be related to the CE. I wonder if everyone else in this thread and the thread on the DirecTV forums is also running a CE release?

I had no problem recording, etc with 0575. I updated to the latest last night and still no issues.

S~

I had no problem recording, etc with 0575. I updated to the latest last night and still no issues.
Did you try it on espn? It appears to be ESPN channels only. Every single other channel I've tried works perfectly.

I think I am going to try to grab a new CE at some point and see if the problem goes away. This weekend's "very high risk" scared me away since the receiver in question is my main one with all my recordings and everything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)