Can't record on second sat tuner VIP722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires
I have had a 722 for a month. For the last few days we have not been able to record or watch the second sat tuner. It wil let you watch or record OTA, but if you try to navigate away from what is being recorded, it gives you the warning that it will cancel the recording and return to live tv. I know I was able to record 2 sat and 1 OTA at the same time, but now it won't. I even tried watching on TV2, but the same thing happened. Any suggestions?

If your ota channels are next to each other, if you try to channel up or down you will get that message. Have you tried either using the channel numbers or using the guide to change the channel? Also, are you in single or dual user mode?

If your ota channels are next to each other, if you try to channel up or down you will get that message. Have you tried either using the channel numbers or using the guide to change the channel? Also, are you in single or dual user mode?

I tried entering the numbers. I checked and the receiver is in dual mode. The swap button and PIP button does nothing.

I tried entering the numbers. I checked and the receiver is in dual mode. The swap button and PIP button does nothing.

PIP and SWAP only work in Single mode. In Dual mode I think you can only control the OTA tuner and one sat tuner with TV1. TV2 would have the other sat tuner. In single mode if you're recording OTA and one sat, you would still have another sat tuner available for viewing. In dual mode, you will trigger the warnings. You would have to view on TV2 in SD in that instance or switch to single mode.

In Dual mode I think you can only control the OTA tuner and one sat tuner with TV1. TV2 would have the other sat tuner.

If you enable "Record Plus" in dual mode, you can direct recordings to the other tuner. So you could watch a program on TV1, hit "Record" and start recording on the other tuner, and continue to watch TV and change channels on TV1.

Sounds like OP is in dual mode with Record Plus disabled.

Ok, sounds like a reasonable explanation. I think the problems I was having was when TV2 was on. What threw me was that the same program was on both TV's and it wouldn't let either TV navigate away without stopping the recording. I'm pretty sure that it was only being recorded on one tuner. I might be worng though. Things seemed to be okay last night. How do you turn on Record Plus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)