Can't record the GDMX channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Can anyone using a azbox and a hard drive record the GDMX channels?
G16
V

When I try to record them they show as recording but after I stop the recording it wont show in the list. These are the only channels that don't show. Others show

Tried 3 drives
-WD 320GB external
-Seagate 320GB portable
-Seagate 40GB portable

I can't record them either. Noticed that when you stop recording it doesn't show "Recording completed" message either.
I could have sworn it worked at one point or another.

edit: the mux on 3740 seems to record just fine.

Last edited:
Very Strange.
Tried recording this mux on the premium plus and when just hitting the record button then going back into the menu screen nothing was there on the list.
Then tried doing a reserved record. A screen appeared saying there was no room to record left on the drive. Check the drive and saw there was over 680gb of room left for recording. Rebooted the Azbox. Setup the reserved record again for a 10 minute time period, GDMX6/6 was the channel. Reserved recording appeared to go off properly this time, a screen appeared asking if I wanted to record pressed yes, the red record light came on showing it was being recorded.
The first time a show was in progress when this happened; when it went off the 2nd time the screen went to black for a minute (commercial you know). Box came up after 10 minutes saying recording complete, so I pressed OK.
Went into the menu screen to see if it was there….
Nope nothing there.
Freq. 3740 recorded with no problem. 3820 no go on any of the channels there.

they must have done something to prevent them to be recorded. I know last year I recorded shows with no issues. Some were shows that were being sent to Canada earlier in the day but since they were SD they could go on those channels and they could be recorded. Plus I recorded Maury all the time :)

oh well....I thought it was something to do with the HDD/azbox issue I had...guess not

I just recorded a brief clip of Friends on GMDX-2 and it plays back fine. Of course this was with E2 :) If I have a chance later I'll see if I can record something else. Looks like the only thing left is TMZ.

Just recorded a 5 min clip of The Peoples Court on GDMX-2 with no issues. Not sure if it matters but I'm recording to internal hard drive.

Iceberg, tried to manually record on my Internal 1 TB Green WD HD on the GDMX channels on Tp's 3820 and HD GDMX channels on 3720 and had major problems. First time the AZbox completely locked up and had to Reboot to stop it from recording. Then tried Lesea Ntwk with no problems. I have always had problems recording in HD on G16 / 99.0W but for now it is really looking like this new Firmware 5301 is causing me additional problems that I previously didn't have.

Iceberg, tried to manually record on my Internal 1 TB Green WD HD on the GDMX channels on Tp's 3820 and HD GDMX channels on 3720 and had major problems. First time the AZbox completely locked up and had to Reboot to stop it from recording. Then tried Lesea Ntwk with no problems. I have always had problems recording in HD on G16 / 99.0W but for now it is really looking like this new Firmware 5301 is causing me additional problems that I previously didn't have.

I was using firmware 0.9.5020 so what is happening is not just your newer firmware.
I have not been too impressed with any of the firmware versions past 0.9.5020 as they seem to cause additional problems with the video on some channels or not being able to pull in S2/8PSK signals and other things that make me believe they rushed it out to fix the you tube problem and caused a host of other hassles in the end.
I have no idea why they did not try to expand on the you tube fix that still works on firmware versions 5020 and lower without any of the problems that are associated with 5209, 5300 & 5301 which came out to fix you tube.

It has rarely happened to me on Univision PR but in most cases I was able to find the recorded file by using the File Manager and renaming the file from idx.tmp to .ts. Last night I could not even find the tmp file. very weird indeed. I use 5020 and an internal SATA drive.

I also suspect this is a firmware issue as if it can record with E2, the stream probably didn't change.

I just recorded a brief clip of Friends on GMDX-2 and it plays back fine. Of course this was with E2 :) If I have a chance later I'll see if I can record something else. Looks like the only thing left is TMZ.

what is this E2 you speak of? Is it software or something that gets put in the box before you load software?

Just recorded a 5 min clip of The Peoples Court on GDMX-2 with no issues. Not sure if it matters but I'm recording to internal hard drive.
hmmm....mine is external and tried 3 drives. All same issue. Everything else will show up in the list when done recording (even if its 5 seconds)

Enigma2 - Different operating system/firmware for Azbox currently in Beta​

G16
V

When I try to record them they show as recording but after I stop the recording it wont show in the list. These are the only channels that don't show. Others show

Tried 3 drives
-WD 320GB external
-Seagate 320GB portable
-Seagate 40GB portable

Iceberg, try this....
Use Maz, FTP to your Azbox, click on the left side of Maz "DATA" now click on "hdb1" now click on "recordfile" ....
Look for the file that may say GDMX6_ 2 or whatever channel you tried to record.
If you find them there using MAZ then right click on the file and rename the file.
It appears these files are recording but the extension filename is created by the Azbox for this set of channels as a .tmp file. You want to rename so the extension is a .ts file extension. Once done you can now use your az remote and see the recording you made and it will play fine.
I have done this now on the Ultra and the Premium plus.
This about drove me nuts trying to figure out why this was happening and I stumbled across this only today when doing some experiments.

Try it and let us know if it works for you.

G16
V

Tried 3 drives
-WD 320GB external
-Seagate 320GB portable
-Seagate 40GB portable

I can record the HD and SD gdmx channels, and play them back no problem...

hitachi internal harddrive
kgd4295 firmware

Iceberg,

Try this out.
Go to the GDMM channel that has the slash ( / ) between their numbers.
now when a program come on try recording it.
If you can not view the recording then do this.

Edit the channel name and remove the ( / ) from the channel name.
Save it and then try recording again.

Took me some time to figure this out as I had been able to record these channels before but I had edited the names on my channel list and then later on let the Az set the proper names and that is when I saw it changed the file structure to a .tmp file instead of a .ts file.
Evidently the Az does not like the slash sign on a channel name for recording purposes.

Give it a go and see it it fixes it for you.

I tried it this morning and it appeared to work fine.
I used an underscore sign where the / is on mine. appears like this for me now,
GDMX_6_1 instead of GDMX 6/1

Kudos stargaze, that makes sense. If the AZbox firmware would have escaped the "/" character in the channel name it would have been fine.

Iceberg,

Try this out.
Go to the GDMM channel that has the slash ( / ) between their numbers.
now when a program come on try recording it.
If you can not view the recording then do this.

Edit the channel name and remove the ( / ) from the channel name.
Save it and then try recording again.

Took me some time to figure this out as I had been able to record these channels before but I had edited the names on my channel list and then later on let the Az set the proper names and that is when I saw it changed the file structure to a .tmp file instead of a .ts file.
Evidently the Az does not like the slash sign on a channel name for recording purposes.

Give it a go and see it it fixes it for you.

I tried it this morning and it appeared to work fine.
I used an underscore sign where the / is on mine. appears like this for me now,
GDMX_6_1 instead of GDMX 6/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)