Can't reuse external storage drive from ViP 622 with my PC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

elee532

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
I had an USB drive that I was using for external storage with my ViP 622. I've cancelled my account and returned by 622. How can I reuse this drive with my PC? I've connected it to my Windows 7 computer, but it does not find the drive. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I had to use a program to re-partition or re-format the drive as win 7 saw the drive as a cd or flash drive...there are threads here explaining the details somewhere....

1. From the Control Panel, Click on the System and Security link.
  2. Click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window and double-click on Computer Management.
  3. Under Storage, click on Disk Management. There you should be able to find the disk and format the disk.

Or just right click on "Computer" and go straight to the disk management option.

Or just right click on "Computer" and go straight to the disk management option.

After going to storage/disk management you will see the drive in the list. You have "right click" on each of the partitions that dish made on the disk. Click delete on each partition until you have one total unused partition. Then right click again and format the drive. Make SURE you are doing this on the correct drive and not your C: drive!!
I just did this on a drive I also had on a 622.
Gerry

1. From the Control Panel, Click on the System and Security link.
  2. Click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window and double-click on Computer Management.
  3. Under Storage, click on Disk Management. There you should be able to find the disk and format the disk.

The disk does not appear in Disk Management.

The disk does not appear in Disk Management.

you will see a couple of big sectors in disk management which will add up to the drive size in question, but it will not appear as a hard drive and in my experience you will not be able to reformat or repartition....

you will have to easeus program...google it, it is free s/w and will have you up and running in no time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts