Can't see if FiOS is available in my area

guerra

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2007
San Francisco/Tracy
I've been trying to check availability on Verizon's website about FiOS and high speed internet, but every time I put in my address (I don't have a land line), it searches for availability then asks me to enter my address again. It's almost as if their availability system is stuck on a loop. Has anyone ever had issues? How did you find out about availability? Did you call?

I've been trying to check availability on Verizon's website about FiOS and high speed internet, but every time I put in my address (I don't have a land line), it searches for availability then asks me to enter my address again. It's almost as if their availability system is stuck on a loop. Has anyone ever had issues? How did you find out about availability? Did you call?

MAke sure that when you put in the address you use the official street abbreviation, ie. DR for drive, ST for street, LN for lane, RD for road, etc. You can also call them and they should be able to look it up.

MAke sure that when you put in the address you use the official street abbreviation, ie. DR for drive, ST for street, LN for lane, RD for road, etc. You can also call them and they should be able to look it up.

I just checked my address by typing in my full address including spelling Drive and it went to another page giving me choices for the exact match with Dr. instead of Drive and such. So in simple terms the online checker can and does for the most part auto correct into the format the system wants.

You say that you are in SF/Tracy area. Isn't that area AT&T? If it is then you won't be able to get Fios. My experience is when people have problems with the database is because they do not live in a Verizon area and the database can't handle any addresses outside the Verizon area.

If you live in a Verizon area then......nevermind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)