Can't seem to get the "Free offer" for free

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

don

Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Been trying to find someone who will actually get me a 2 room system using D10's so I can watch two different channels at the sametime for free as advertised.

DirectV online wants non refundable $19.95 shipping and handling upfront.

Best Buy wants me to pay for the equipment and then get a rebate from DirectV but DirectV says they know nothing about the rebate that if their is one it would come from Best Buy.

I have also discovered that some will give you the two systems for but charge 19.95 for the second remote.

Also discovered that "Standard" install means differnt things, sometimes it covers only one TV even though I requested the free 2 room product (Second tv hook would cost 70-90) Other standard installs limit access for only one cable thru roof(2nd cable cost $) and so forth.....

Again, all I'm looking for is a 2 room system(2 recievers and 2 remotes) and a multiple LNB and switch dish to support viewing 2 different channels at same time and I need one cable placed through an exterior wall. The other cable is already through exterior wall since I currently have dish. I want the cost to be zero upfront and only pay $39.99 plus 4.99 per month for 120 channel package.......does anyone know anyone who can provide this in the North Dallas area on a timely basis??
don

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I would strongly recommend Value Electronics. They don't have those games and will give you a straight answer and their install would include both receivers.

Thanks for the suggestion......a bit gun shy based on the experience so far but I contacted Graham @ Value Electronics per ur recomendation. So far, the experience has been a dramatic improvement. Not only did we agree that zero cost means zero cost we also worked out a deal for the installation.

We are now in the process of executing the order and documenting the agreements. Will keep you posted on equipment delivery and service turn-up.

Sincerely appreciate the recomendation!
don

Tonedeaf said:
You make it sound like you both have lawyers involved. :D ;)

I felt like I did... when i signed up through VE they sent me a form to fill out and fax in before my stuff shipped...was a bit strange but 4 weeks alter and im still pleased.

Value Electronics charged me $29 S&H for 2 D-10s and and DVR with a tri-LNB dish for locals. I didn't think too much about paying S&H but are some of you getting that waived too?

:what

Of course I paid $99 for the DVR less the $50 D* rebate.

I'd do it for you but I am a Texas dealer so I have to collect sales tax and you sound like you want it free of all charges. By Texas laws VE is supposed to collect sales tax on out of state sales.

So Far so good

The equipment arrived at my house 5:00PM Friday the 21st....one day after the order and before the UPS tracking codes were active!

About 2 hours later everything was up and running....all that is left now is an installation rebate for doing it myself.....just waiting for Directv paperwork to give to VE.
Very impressed so far......

In answer to some comments above. The word "FREE" in my book implies "no cost" which is what I expected and ultimately got.

I know my company in Pa doesnt charge anything up front for a system up to 4 receivers and install. Free is Free in our book. Best Buys deal is nice and I will let you know everyone I have installed for them gets there rebate with no problems. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts