Can't set on demand download time

Jerryg47

Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
Locke, ny
Hey
I am on hughes for internet. Limited bandwidth. Would like to download at nite but hate having to be awake at 3am when I have to be on the road at 6 am. Any suggestions? Thought we used to have that ability. Very frustrating when you live in the sticks. Have had dish since early 90s
JG

Presumably, no. For me, the best way to think of the H3 is an continuation of the current hopper, with far more power and ability. The features themselves(minus a couple here and there) are all the same.

Does the new hopper have that ability?
This just doesn't seem like an option that many people would be interested in or need.

What if you pick "Download later" and pull the internet access to the Hopper until you want it to start ? Easier to do this with an Ethernet cable vs WiFi, of course. Plug it back in at 10-12pm and it should start shortly after that.

It seems like a decent option request since one of DISH's target markets is people who would have satellite internet. I agree with Hall that there aren't likely many people who would use it, but it would be very important for the ones who care.

Yes, this is a seriously needed option for those using satellite internet. It makes all the difference in the world. I do hope Dish makes this an option. Those of us with very high speed no caps internet don't need that as much. I feel for you, OP. I hope Dish works this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts