Cant sling a different show than the one thats recording

sleeper42

Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
tucson, az
The sling feature works pretty well until a scheduled recording begins. Then I'm unable to stream anything other than the show that's being recorded.

I think it has something to do with using the tv1 vs tv2 tuners.

Its annoying to say the least. Any help would be greaty appreciated. Thanks.

If some thing is recording you should still be able to watch something previously recorded.
As to live TV (I haven't tried this yet) I think if you are recording a satellite channel you should be able to watch OTA live or if recording OTA then watch satellite live.

Because Sling is on Turner 2, if you're recording a program on 2 you will only be able to watch what is being recorded. Make sure that in settings you make turner 1 your default recording.

Because Sling is on Turner 2, if you're recording a program on 2 you will only be able to watch what is being recorded. Make sure that in settings you make turner 1 your default recording.

That only works in dual mode it will have no effect on any recording that starts before you sling in to the 922.:rant:

I think this is the issue. Thanks for you help. I'll tweak that setting and hopefully that helps.

It's just so annoying to connect to the 922 from work, start watching the ball game, and then it automatically changes the channel to record something else. And then it won't let me switch back unless I cancel the recording.

Thanks!
-Morgan

With only two tuners, somebody's gonna be out of luck. Either the sling viewer or the one at home on TV1.

Make sure that in settings you make turner 1 your default recording.

How is this done? I went to "MENU, SETTINGS, RECORD PLUS" and changed "TV PREFERENCE" to "TV1". However, when I look at my "DAILY SCHEDULE" in the DVR section it says everything is set to record on TV2.

Am I making the right change in the settings, or is there a different thing I should be doing?

Thanks again.
-Morgan

How is this done? I went to "MENU, SETTINGS, RECORD PLUS" and changed "TV PREFERENCE" to "TV1". However, when I look at my "DAILY SCHEDULE" in the DVR section it says everything is set to record on TV2.
If this is like other Dish receivers, you have to recreate those timers to make them change to TV1.

Am I making the right change in the settings, or is there a different thing I should be doing?

Thanks again.
-Morgan

The problem is this:
Record plus ONLY works in dual mode and the 922 is in single mode. Only in dual mode when slinging.

In single mode ALL recording default to "tuner 2" which is the tuner that is used for sling.

The only thing that will work is if Dish upgrades the software to allow more options like.
have record plus work in single mode
or allow the 922 to operate in dual mode full time
or allow the 922 to STAY in single mode when using sling. (This one is my #1 choice)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts