Can't Wait for Basketball Season to Start

anders5189

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
PS-Watching a LIVE game in Cameron Indoor Stadium (yes, I have) would make the Devil himself like college basketball. UNBELIEVABLE!..
The devil maybe, especially since one of his minions coaches there, but heaven is just 8 miles away.

The devil maybe, especially since one of his minions coaches there, but heaven is just 8 miles away.
His minion is also coaching YOUR country's basketball team in the Olympics...Where was good 'ol Roy in the selection process for that role? It's funny how many Tarwho fans are out there since they came back from the toilet. Where were all the flags and stickers when Matt Doherty & Billy-Boy Guthridge was coaching? Oh yeah, go Kansas!:cool:

Last edited:
Oh yeah..

Duke Named Top Men’s Basketball Program Since 1984-85 By ESPN.com

07/25/2008 - Duke Sports Information
DURHAM, N.C. – The Duke University men’s basketball program grabbed the top spot in the ESPN.com Prestige Rankings on Friday, July 25. The Blue Devils garnered 538 points (90 more than third place finisher North Carolina) in ESPN.com numerical method of ranking the best Division I programs since 1984-85. The NCAA tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1984-85, making it the first time a national champion had to win six tournament games to cut down the nets. Prior to that season even the top conferences in the country only received one bid to the NCAA Tournament.
During the 24-year stretch, Duke has posted NCAA-highs with three national championships (1991, 1992 & 2001), 10 NCAA Tournament No. 1 seeds, 10 Final Fours, 17 Sweet Sixteen appearances, 69 NCAA Tournament wins, 12 first team All-Americas and 25 All-Americas. The Blue Devils, who own a 672-166 record since the 1984-85 season, are also tied for first in the NCAA with 21 conference titles (11 regular-season & 10 tournament), eight 30+ win seasons and 11 NBA top-10 selections over that span.
ESPN.com provided the following assessment of Duke since the 1984-85 season: By any measure of success, Duke is king of the hill in college basketball in the 64-team era of the NCAA tournament. Besides the three national titles, Duke is No. 1 among all basketball programs with 69 NCAA tournament wins, 12 first team All-Americans, 11 top-10 NBA picks, 10 No. 1 seeds and seven title game appearances. An easy selection in any format for No. 1.
A complete listing of the top 300 teams in the Prestige Rankings can be found at www.espn.go.com.:cool:

Blah blah blah. Duke also leads in NBA busts. How's JJ doing ? :)

Call me when you beat my school in a big game, too, ok?

Blah blah blah. Duke also leads in NBA busts. How's JJ doing ? :)

Call me when you beat my school in a big game, too, ok?
+10 :up, ..UCONN?? Where have they been? Puh-leeze. Duke and UConn never play each other..Maybe once every 6 years or so, so it may be a while for our rivalry. When they can make it out of the first round of the NCAA tournament, hit me up. .JJ? He is the Atlantic Coast Conference's all-time leading scorer. He's still playing in the NBA. Next!...

+10 :up, ..UCONN?? Where have they been? Puh-leeze. Duke and UConn never play each other..Maybe once every 6 years or so, so it may be a while for our rivalry. When they can make it out of the first round of the NCAA tournament, hit me up. .JJ? He is the Atlantic Coast Conference's all-time leading scorer. He's still playing in the NBA. Next!...

Um, believe we beat the Dookies the last 2 times we played. Small games too :)

(2004 national semifinal, 1999 final)

Um...he's the all time leading scorer for now. Psycho T will have that record, among others, in a few months. JJ is playing in the NBA? Try sitting on the end of the bench. Just because Dick Vitale says you're good doesn't make it so.
Hey, I never said he was an NBA All-Star. I just said he played. I couldn't care less about Dickie V. He gets on my last nerve, and you don't know what Tyler and his watermelon eyes are gonna do...All you can do is speculate. We KNOW what JJ did and what he still does. Notice how you just jumped in and started Duke bashing. That's a typical reaction to insecurity. You added 1 post that pertained to the thread at hand. It's ok. Just read the ESPN.com article again. :rolleyes:
PS- This is my last response on this thread for 2 reasons: 1. I'm WAY off the subject of the thread I intended to stay on. 2.Like ALL duke/UNC rivalries this could go on for days, proving nothing. AGAIN; read the ESPN.com article I posted. Adios! For all the Tarheel fans, that means "goodbye".

Last edited:
WOW! You work for ESPN?!
The article I posted on the other thread. By the way, I didn't even notice the thread changed.:rolleyes:

Duke Named Top Men’s Basketball Program Since 1984-85 By ESPN.com

07/25/2008 - Duke Sports Information
DURHAM, N.C. – The Duke University men’s basketball program grabbed the top spot in the ESPN.com Prestige Rankings on Friday, July 25. The Blue Devils garnered 538 points (90 more than third place finisher North Carolina) in ESPN.com numerical method of ranking the best Division I programs since 1984-85. The NCAA tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1984-85, making it the first time a national champion had to win six tournament games to cut down the nets. Prior to that season even the top conferences in the country only received one bid to the NCAA Tournament.
During the 24-year stretch, Duke has posted NCAA-highs with three national championships (1991, 1992 & 2001), 10 NCAA Tournament No. 1 seeds, 10 Final Fours, 17 Sweet Sixteen appearances, 69 NCAA Tournament wins, 12 first team All-Americas and 25 All-Americas. The Blue Devils, who own a 672-166 record since the 1984-85 season, are also tied for first in the NCAA with 21 conference titles (11 regular-season & 10 tournament), eight 30+ win seasons and 11 NBA top-10 selections over that span.
ESPN.com provided the following assessment of Duke since the 1984-85 season: By any measure of success, Duke is king of the hill in college basketball in the 64-team era of the NCAA tournament. Besides the three national titles, Duke is No. 1 among all basketball programs with 69 NCAA tournament wins, 12 first team All-Americans, 11 top-10 NBA picks, 10 No. 1 seeds and seven title game appearances. An easy selection in any format for No. 1.
A complete listing of the top 300 teams in the Prestige Rankings can be found at www.espn.go.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)