NFL 2024-2025 Season

This will harm the sports reporting beat because the clickbaiters will no longer have the "Keep Mac Jones" article to publish. Sixth round pick for Mac Jones, that seems to be the going rate for QBs that aren't expected to pan out. I hope the best for him. Didn't know whether to post this here or in "you can't make this up"...
3 years, $100 million with $50 million potentially guaranteed. I'm happy for Mayfield, $50 million seems a bit much (or maybe I'm just getting old). He is a hard worker, a reliable guy. Granted $17 million a year isn't nearly as crazy as the Jones contract in NY for more than double that.

Reactions: AZ.
Patriots seem to be signing Jacoby Brissett for 1 yr and $8 million. I'm confused by the current QB market, but I think $8 million is a bit much for Brissett, but other QBs have been signed for a lot more, so is $8 million a clearance rack rate now days?

Personally, with running backs being sold in value packs of 6 for $19.99, I'd load up on running backs, sign the greatest offensive line ever and run. Probably could be $176 million under the cap doing that.

Steelers surprised me and actually went out and signed people in Free Agency.
Most years they avoid it ... thinking they can't afford anyone and build thru the draft only.

This year they took on aging Russel Wilson, to see if he can move the ball any better than Kenny Pickett.

In the Really surprising move .... they've needed LB help since Ryan Schazier's career ending injury.

They went out and signed former Raven stud Patrick Queen !

Steelers surprised me and actually went out and signed people in Free Agency.
Most years they avoid it ... thinking they can't afford anyone and build thru the draft only.

This year they took on aging Russel Wilson, to see if he can move the ball any better than Kenny Pickett.

In the Really surprising move .... they've needed LB help since Ryan Schazier's career ending injury.

They went out and signed former Raven stud Patrick Queen !
My take as A Browns fan.
thank you for not going for Cousins. a real QB.
Mr Wilson is like being happy about a purchase from Goodwill. their D will help them win 8 or 9 games and draft to high to get the QB they need.
Life is good.

Queen is at least serviceable IMO, but most Ravens fans point to his success only when paired with others who were playing well, and don't give him much credit nor do they miss him. We'll see if he changes any minds.

My take as A Browns fan.
thank you for not going for Cousins. a real QB.
Mr Wilson is like being happy about a purchase from Goodwill. their D will help them win 8 or 9 games and draft to high to get the QB they need.
Life is good.
Well see ...

The Steelers were happy to continue to build with Pickett, until earlier in the week when it was announced that Wilson was going to be released .... there was talk of getting Fields, till Wilson became free.

Pickett has been very Up and Down .... Hopefully with Wilson, the ball will get thrown when its suppose to.

Steelers only get him because he was CHEAP ... thats thier MO most years.

Personally, when I seen what happened in Denver, I want NONE of that ... if he tries to pull that crap in Pittsburgh, Tomlin will put a STOP to it, Well... he Better.

Everyone around the league Loves Tomlin .... I'm not sure why, he's happy with a .500 record every year, thats not good enough for me.

Queen is at least serviceable IMO, but most Ravens fans point to his success only when paired with others who were playing well, and don't give him much credit nor do they miss him. We'll see if he changes any minds.
He will be playing with even Better players in Pittsburgh ....
He will become a STAR.

Pittsburgh has needed a solid reliable LB for years now ...
I will be Shocked if he doesn't do great with the Steelers ....
He already knows the way the games are played and the meaning of thier rivalry.

Steelers are hoping to get solid above Average QB play out of Wilson, while thier chance to be Great is still open for the Vets that have been there for so long now ...
Tomlins acceptance of playing .500 ball makes me sick.

He will be playing with even Better players in Pittsburgh ....
He will become a STAR.

Pittsburgh has needed a solid reliable LB for years now ...
I will be Shocked if he doesn't do great with the Steelers ....
He already knows the way the games are played and the meaning of thier rivalry.

Steelers are hoping to get solid above Average QB play out of Wilson, while thier chance to be Great is still open for the Vets that have been there for so long now ...
Tomlins acceptance of playing .500 ball makes me sick.
181-110-2 record as a coach. Slightly higher than 0.500.

Since 2007, been to the playoffs 11 times (Super Bowls 1-1). In the 16 years previous to that, Steelers in the Playoffs 10 times (Super Bowls 1-1). A little easier to make playoffs today, but otherwise, Tomlins' record is pretty solid. I don't get some football fans. They don't get when they have something good.

Reactions: madmadworld
181-110-2 record as a coach. Slightly higher than 0.500.

Since 2007, been to the playoffs 11 times (Super Bowls 1-1). In the 16 years previous to that, Steelers in the Playoffs 10 times (Super Bowls 1-1). A little easier to make playoffs today, but otherwise, Tomlins' record is pretty solid. I don't get some football fans. They don't get when they have something good.
Tomlin is too laid back ....
Show some damn fire ....
He's a good coach, I don't have a problem with him, just think he could do better ....

You say he's made the Playoffs 11 times since '07 .... whats his record in those playoff games ?
Pretty poor.

As a Steeler fan, making the last playoff spot each year is NOT good enough.

Steelers trade Former starting 1st round pick Kenny Pickett to Philly ...
Pickett must not liked it when Russell Wilson showed up as competition.

Yeah, Tomlin is 0-4 in the playoffs since 2016, when they made it to the AFC Championship, and their last 2 games were 20+ point losses. I don't blame fans for wanting a change, 5-9 in the playoffs in 15 years, haven't won a playoff game in the last 7. With complete turnover at QB now multiple times, the setting is right for a bigger change.

If things go way sideways with Wilson there are some really big changes coming in 2025, many will feel they've been long overdue by then.

Problem is, they typically win 8-10 games a year which will never get them high enough to take a Top QB.
That's Mike Tomlin the man is guilty of Winning every year. he will likely go so they can lose a few years ? but that's not the Steeler way.
Yet drafting at the top is still no guarantee.
Kenny Pickett was the #1 QB pick just back in 2022. look at those guys.
then 2021 you want just Trevor Lawrence. you see why the Browns did what they did for Watson. fingers still crossed.