NFL 2024-2025 Season

Pickett blew it. He let his ego get the best of him. The story out of Pitt is he threw a tantrum when told they'd signed Wilson.

In Pittsburgh: He's sitting behind a 1 year rental being given an opportunity to learn to become the starter again by next season.

In Philadelphia: He's sitting behind a potential league MVP candidate with no chance of becoming the long term starter but with the possibility of being traded to the likes of Carolina or, gasp, the Jets by the trade deadline if the winds blow right.

Foolish man.

But the one I really don't get is the Vikings who essentially traded Cousins for Darnold!!?? Huh? Love him or not Cousins has been statistically the most consistent QB in the league over the past 10 years (look it up) while Darnold? He's been kicked to the curb more times than an empty beer can. Methinks a whole new regime is coming to the Vikings in the near future.

• Love
Reactions: Mike0616 and AZ.
That's Mike Tomlin the man is guilty of Winning every year. he will likely go so they can lose a few years ? but that's not the Steeler way.
Yet drafting at the top is still no guarantee.
Kenny Pickett was the #1 QB pick just back in 2022. look at those guys.
then 2021 you want just Trevor Lawrence. you see why the Browns did what they did for Watson. fingers still crossed.
Pickett was the 20th pick in the 1st round .... Big difference from picking in the Top 10.

I could see the Steelers signing Justin Fields now that Wilson is there ...

Fwiw, Trevor Lawrence was a Top 3 pick.
Fields would have been much better had he had a team with players ...
Caleb Williams will look like a star eventually seeing the Bears are Starting to get Offensive players now ... Fields had 1 year of a Top WR ... Williams will start with a Top WR and whatever they add to this year, they have a Good D and the Offense will get better .... Had they given Fields the help that Williams will get, they wouldn't need Williams.

Steelers Might have Michael Penix fall to them this year, Maybe ...

Pickett blew it. He let his ego get the best of him. The story out of Pitt is he threw a tantrum when told they'd signed Wilson.

In Pittsburgh: He's sitting behind a 1 year rental being given an opportunity to learn to become the starter again by next season.

In Philadelphia: He's sitting behind a potential league MVP candidate with no chance of becoming the long term starter but with the possibility of being traded to the likes of Carolina or, gasp, the Jets by the trade deadline if the winds blow right.

Foolish man.

But the one I really don't get is the Vikings who essentially traded Cousins for Darnold!!?? Huh? Love him or not Cousins has been statistically the most consistent QB in the league over the past 10 years (look it up) while Darnold? He's been kicked to the curb more times than an empty beer can. Methinks a whole new regime is coming to the Vikings in the near future.
I agree ...

As for the Cousins / Darnold thing .... I'm thinking its ALL about Money ....

Pickett was the 20th pick in the 1st round .... Big difference from picking in the Top 10.

I could see the Steelers signing Justin Fields now that Wilson is there ...

Fwiw, Trevor Lawrence was a Top 3 pick.
Fields would have been much better had he had a team with players ...
Caleb Williams will look like a star eventually seeing the Bears are Starting to get Offensive players now ... Fields had 1 year of a Top WR ... Williams will start with a Top WR and whatever they add to this year, they have a Good D and the Offense will get better .... Had they given Fields the help that Williams will get, they wouldn't need Williams.

Steelers Might have Michael Penix fall to them this year, Maybe ...
You might get to see Fields soon. but there are reasons why nobody has traded for him by now. he had chances did not capitalize. the Bears moving on, is enough said.

Reactions: Mike0616
You might get to see Fields soon. but there are reasons why nobody has traded for him by now. he had chances did not capitalize. the Bears moving on, is enough said.
More realistically, he had No O Line his first 2 years and last year wasn't Much better.
1st 2 years had No number 1 WR, finally got one last year and Moore had a Career year.

More realistically, he had No O Line his first 2 years and last year wasn't Much better.
1st 2 years had No number 1 WR, finally got one last year and Moore had a Career year.
Enjoy. just remember no one with a front office job would give a 4th round pick for him. Steelers shopping at the Goodwill store WoW

Feels like there's a lot more to find out about this trade. Doesn't make sense why they did it now, if they intended to deal him. Trey Wingo for example pointed out that if someone's QB went down during training camp he's instantly worth more than a 6th, without question.

My prediction: neither QB will be a Steeler in 2025 (Wilson a FA, and Fields due a $25m 5th year option), and Tomlin will be gone too.

Google says deadline on 5th year options is 5/2. I think if they picked his up it'd be a surprise.

Reactions: Mike0616
Enjoy. just remember no one with a front office job would give a 4th round pick for him. Steelers shopping at the Goodwill store WoW
Steelers too Russel Wilson, he was Goodwill shopping #1.

Fwiw, Star QB's Mahomes likes are Not Stars without others around them.

Sad thing is, Chicago has finally started to build around the QB, and they get rid of him.

They will take Caleb Williams, who has the same traits as Fields, except Fields can move.

Things they say about Caleb, Throws questionable passes, Hangs on to the ball too long
Fields has had the hanging on to the ball to long issue as well ...

Essentially, Chicago has a Lesser Fields coming in to play and expect better results.

They have a lot better players this year with all the additions than Fields Ever had to work with.

Steelers too Russel Wilson, he was Goodwill shopping #1.

Fwiw, Star QB's Mahomes likes are Not Stars without others around them.

Sad thing is, Chicago has finally started to build around the QB, and they get rid of him.

They will take Caleb Williams, who has the same traits as Fields, except Fields can move.

Things they say about Caleb, Throws questionable passes, Hangs on to the ball too long
Fields has had the hanging on to the ball to long issue as well ...

Essentially, Chicago has a Lesser Fields coming in to play and expect better results.

They have a lot better players this year with all the additions than Fields Ever had to work with.
I'll take Caleb Williams over Fields. too easy. no excuses

The Cleveland Browns have been top two spenders for the last three years in the league but the way in which they are doing it is entirely sustainable. How are they doing it and why isn't every team in the league copying them?
11983791.png

Look at where the Bears are on the list... :rolleyes: Now the nice thing about that chart is the spending doesn't coordinate directly to winning (see where the Packers/Cowboys/Chiefs - who have had success and lower; while the Jets are on the top half and have not had the same level of success as others around them). But over the years, I do think the Bears could have put some more money out there instead of sitting on it. Not sure where the money goes...

Reactions: madmadworld

And almost $200 million for land that they bought in Arlington Heights, demolished the racetrack, and now might just stay in the city anyways. If purchasing that land and doing the demo work was all a game of chicken with the city, that is an awfully expensive game of chicken. Then the other hundreds of millions went to the owners :)

And almost $200 million for land that they bought in Arlington Heights, demolished the racetrack, and now might just stay in the city anyways. If purchasing that land and doing the demo work was all a game of chicken with the city, that is an awfully expensive game of chicken. Then the other hundreds of millions went to the owners :)
Arlington is the best for them. But major infrastructure and higher suburban taxes may kill it. You have the train right their, and 53 at Eucild would have to have lots of changes. And rout 14( Northwest highway?)...Been 20 years since I lived around their.

Why the Whitesox dont talk to Bears is crazy IMO!

Last edited:
As a Buddy of mine who grew up in Chicago, told me several years ago, actually re affirmed to me,
Chicago is where QB's go to DIE ....

Then they leave and do well !

It use to be, all the Lions players that got out of Detroit ended up doing much better.