Can't win for losing - strike three on attempted new install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I really haven't seen a lot of squirrels around my house. Lots of other critters like deer, rabbits, possums, etc, but very few squirrels.

Not sure what kind of gutter guards i will put on, but as it is now I have to clean them out 2 or 3 times per year. About a month ago I scooped out probably 150 lb of helicopters from the ash and maple trees. Drought stress makes them put out a lot of seed.

Freedom from squirrels is a good thing. They seem to need to chew coax. Likewise, mice have a need for phone cable, favoring the brown Cat3 stuff.

Here in MD I have seen houses without gutters doing well in wooded sections. I prefer the 45 degree test. Walk around your house with your arm at 45 degrees and point to the tops of all the trees. The ones you can point to while standing near your building could eventually be ON your building. It is those trees that are probably trying to turn your roof and gutters into a forest. First your LOS (line of sight) and then your home! If you see them you should saw them!

Joe

Freedom from squirrels is a good thing. They seem to need to chew coax. Likewise, mice have a need for phone cable, favoring the brown Cat3 stuff.

Here in MD I have seen houses without gutters doing well in wooded sections. I prefer the 45 degree test. Walk around your house with your arm at 45 degrees and point to the tops of all the trees. The ones you can point to while standing near your building could eventually be ON your building. It is those trees that are probably trying to turn your roof and gutters into a forest. First your LOS (line of sight) and then your home! If you see them you should saw them!

Joe

Freedom from moles in the back yard would be a good thing too! :(

I know what you mean about the trees, but i like my shade in the summers. A neighbor cut several trees that were close to his house and said he saw his utility bills increase about 30% during the summer due to the increased sun exposure to the south side of his house. I guess everything has its price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)