Caprica -- *** Series Cancelled ***

Maureen Ryan's Exclusive first look

'Battlestar' prequel 'Caprica' retools, reduces and readies itself for January debut

"Caprica" arrives on Syfy Jan. 22, and in anticipation of that premiere, the network has released this poster for the show exclusively to the Watcher site. The image at right, which features the "Caprica" character Zoe Graystone (Alessandra Torresani), is the key art for the new series.
Source & More: Maureen Ryan's Blog: The Watcher -- chicagotribune.com

Attachments

• Caprica.jpg
    Caprica.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 158
I find the following from the article to be disturbing... considering the "suits" influence on SGU...
The show recently took a two-week break to retool scripts and recalibrate where "Caprica" was heading, and Kevin Murphy, a veteran of "Desperate Housewives," has joined the show. He, along with Eick, Moore and Espenson, is an executive producer of "Caprica" and Murphy has been taking the lead on breaking stories.
"Ron, Jane and David are still very much in that mix," Stern said. "Every show has to find its voice and figure out what it wants to be. Every show has to find out which characters pop and which story lines play. There were some growing pains as they found the right balance of stories and characters."
The Watcher

I find the following from the article to be disturbing... considering the "suits" influence on SGU... The Watcher

WTF....disturbing is and understatement. i know they wanted more of a drama w/more 'female appeal' and less scifi BUT if they think they are going capture the BSG audience with the pandering dribble that is desperate housewives they will be grossly mistaken.

Caprica starts tonight with the pilot.
Be interesting to see how much is cut out beyond the nudity.

I'll wait until after next weeks 1st proper episode to pass judgment on whether to continue to watch, since they reportedly retooled the show's focus after doing the pilot.

Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to my on screen guide when I DVR'd the show. Wasn't expecting to have to sit through the pilot again, but it did refresh my memory as to what's happening with it all.

I'm still not overly impressed with it, but like most people I'll give it a few ep's before I make a final decision. Only real thing that got me excited was the Cylon at the end laying the smack down on the little robot targets. "By your command" :D

I almost fell asleep during the first episode and then, because the upteenth replay of the pilot was scheduled oddly by Syfy, my timer didn't get the last 10 minutes of the episode.

Did I miss anything besides gasps at the admission that Zoe may have been involved in the bombing?

I hope this picks up the pace a bit soon...

I am still not engaged in the story yet.

Another thing that bothers me is the one true God theory. I will have to go back and watch some of season 4 of BSG. I though 1TG came from the final five and stopped the first war.

They need to develop some new plots fast if they want to keep this going.

I liked the second episode. When it ended I was looking forward to the next episode, which is more than I could say for SGU. :)

ALthough there definitely are issues I am trying to sort out with the one true god stuff, and then trying to reconcile it with season 4. Add to it, I had read the Battlestar Galactic Cylon War graphic novel, which had the Greystones in it - and the creation of the first cylon; but there were a lot of differences, so it adds another dimension of confusion.

It was a little over 43 minutes long, most hour long programs are 42...
And felt much longer. I watched it Saturday morning, and could barely stay awake, even after a good nights sleep.
If the first episode of the series proper was any indication, I might not make it past next weeks before deleting the timer.