Status
Not open for further replies.

NE8E

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
Mid Michigan
I have always struggled with CAPTCHA and other similar bot eliminators. Maybe I am a bot. It's not the first time I have been suspected. :p

This morning, someone suggested, "Maybe it just always gives me harder CAPTCHA words than it gives everyone else". I guess, as odd's go, someone will always get hard ones, someone will always get easy ones, and everyone else is somewhere inbetween. You tell me. Is this the typical CAPTCHA files you get?

Uhhh.jpg

Thats a wild one! Never saw one like that before!

That is one I would click refresh on to get a new one... as I don't think your keyboard has those buttons. :D

Hard telling! Scott's becoming quite the radio engineer! Thought he was in the back room working...... and he's perusing Satguys! heheheh
The boss is always watching!

I've gotten ones like that, it is just a crazy way to throw off the bots. You would type in: aiy3n~ upssme

Seems those captcha's are pretty ridiculous with its jibberish at a lot of places. But of course someone abuses something and it makes harder for the "human users" because of these bots that are used.

Thanks for the replies. I guess it's not a problem with my brain anyway. That's a relief. :D

I did refresh that one. I got the next one on the first try! A minor miracle for me. ;) Apparently the boss is watching. I better get back to work. I need to write some software to prevent him from being able to read my posts. Hmmm. I guess I probably should have done that BEFORE I posted this. Oh well.

I've gotten ones like that, it is just a crazy way to throw off the bots. You would type in: aiy3n~ upssme
Who would ? You left out the character above the "y" as well as the "." below the "~". That would stump most people.... And do you type the "." before or after the "~" ?

Worse, I'll bet you a LOT of people have no idea about the "refresh" button and remain stuck. I've seen sites that add a phrase like "Click here to generate a new captcha" probably for that reason !

We have no control over the captcha's they come from the captcha site.

Just hit refresh until you get one you can read. :D

I am going to add that to the prize description to let people know.

Yesterday, I got one that looked like fly-specs on the wall.
Or blood-spatter, from one of the CSI shows.
At least the examples above are recognizable characters.

Anyway, I just typed in some garbage, pressed return, and got a new test.
Not really a problem.

But, this is still a funny thread. - :up

well here was one I just got...I understand making it hard but to black out the word?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 207
Try something when you get something like that enter anything for the strange word then enter the second word and see if it takes it.

View attachment 71074

Here's one I just got!!!
Crazy stuff...

Very cool!! I guess I'm not the only one! :)

Also, it's hard to express a feeling with text on a board. I'm just having fun with these. I'm not complaining in any way. I don't want anyone to take my poking fun the wrong way. I really enjoy the irony. Bot eliminators are designed to force us to use the keyboard and type something that a computer should be incapable of reading. Yet, my keyboard doesn't even have the keys required for some of these.

They should use that one Iceburg has on the psychic friends network. "If you can read this... Your hired!"

:D :D :D

Check this one out...

I just got this one. I typed ABCDE as the second word and it WORKED!

CAPTCHA2.jpg

Look at the one I just got...and I got it right;)
capthrua.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)