Captions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Is there anyway to turn the captions on/off easily on the 811 rather than going into all the menu selections?

Thanks

I can't turn off the CC

bjohn said:
Is there anyway to turn the captions on/off easily on the 811 rather than going into all the menu selections?

Thanks
:mad: In my case, I tried everything in the book and I just can't turn off the caption. I wonder if others are having the same problem.

Mine will always disappear in one or two days, even I tried to leave it on. The ony way it will re-appear is to unplug and plug it back the 811

hyoshim said:
:mad: In my case, I tried everything in the book and I just can't turn off the caption. I wonder if others are having the same problem.

Do you have your audio going to a receiver? Do you mute your TV? If both are true, try taking the mute off of the TV and just bring the TV sound level down to zero. Many TVs go to auto caption when in mute mode.

My 811 was doing it on SD channels, but not HD channels.

Captioning was "off" but I still couldn't get rid of the captions.

It hasn't done it in awhile actually, hmmmm wonder why?

Bobby said:
Do you have your audio going to a receiver? Do you mute your TV? If both are true, try taking the mute off of the TV and just bring the TV sound level down to zero. Many TVs go to auto caption when in mute mode.
I don't believe that the 811 passes the CC info through to the TV, when using an HD out. That is why one needs to turn captions on using the 811, where it is decoded internally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)