Captions (1 Viewer)

bjohn

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 14, 2004
92
0
Is there anyway to turn the captions on/off easily on the 811 rather than going into all the menu selections?

Thanks
 

hyoshim

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 12, 2003
29
0
I can't turn off the CC

bjohn said:
Is there anyway to turn the captions on/off easily on the 811 rather than going into all the menu selections?

Thanks
:mad: In my case, I tried everything in the book and I just can't turn off the caption. I wonder if others are having the same problem.
 

pxxv23a

Member
Feb 26, 2004
8
0
Mine will always disappear in one or two days, even I tried to leave it on. The ony way it will re-appear is to unplug and plug it back the 811
 

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
60,510
13,455
Rohnert Park, CA
hyoshim said:
:mad: In my case, I tried everything in the book and I just can't turn off the caption. I wonder if others are having the same problem.

Do you have your audio going to a receiver? Do you mute your TV? If both are true, try taking the mute off of the TV and just bring the TV sound level down to zero. Many TVs go to auto caption when in mute mode.
 

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 16, 2003
110
0
My 811 was doing it on SD channels, but not HD channels.

Captioning was "off" but I still couldn't get rid of the captions.

It hasn't done it in awhile actually, hmmmm wonder why?
 

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Supporting Founder
Bobby said:
Do you have your audio going to a receiver? Do you mute your TV? If both are true, try taking the mute off of the TV and just bring the TV sound level down to zero. Many TVs go to auto caption when in mute mode.
I don't believe that the 811 passes the CC info through to the TV, when using an HD out. That is why one needs to turn captions on using the 811, where it is decoded internally.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top