Captive Works

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
kijiji has three for sale with local pickup here for $20 ~ $25 each. Judging by asking price, I suspect they are of questionable value. Curious why you want Captive Works when the microHD is about to be released with the latest technology and features wanted by FTA users?

Had one, not recommended for true FTA

I started out with a CW700s from ebay. Confusing menu, buggy firmware, freezing up, rebooting. Nothing to recommend it for true FTA use. Even the lowly Neusat SP6000 is better than a Captiveworks.

Eyepatch crowd loved the CW receivers though, back in the day. They had good "support". ;)

Oh, o.k. Using one right now for 97w and found it fairly easy to use and set up. I am trying to line up a system for someone and figured they might be good.

I had a CW800. Its purpose was to receive extra signals in South America while others boxes could not. When i bought the CoolSat 5K, I realized what I was missing on the CW. However all those old boxes are obsolete if you enjoy high definition. Both 5K and CWs can be bought for $10 to $25, but an S2 card for $100 is a better value if you have a reasonably new computer. However S2 cards can be very difficult for non-geeks.

Last edited:
The two places I used before in Canada have gone out of business. MXmart is honest but they only sell old junk. I only bought their 39" dishes and CCTV equipment. You are really limiting yourself to "old junk" when you must buy north of the border. My TBS cards arrived safely from Singapore GST free.

I bought a new CW800 or (Never been Used) receiver a couple years ago. I used it with my 10 ft. BUD. I thought it was easy to use, but I could never hit Gal 19. I could only get 3 to 5 stations at the most. I thought it was me or alignment problem.
Maybe it was my CW. I also remember when I would goof around with my old Pansat 2500A I would pick up more programs.
Now that I sold that property I have to make adjustments for a small K band system.
Was planning to use my CW800 but now, maybe not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts