CaptiveWorks 600 Premium & SG2100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizmohd

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I have a strange dilemma that I cant seem to figure out. I have a captiveworks 600 premium and an SG2100 motor. I just got everything set up.. and when I manually arc the motor with a satellite meter I can hear sats all along the arc. Now, here's where it gets interesting. I live in Jacksonville, FL and my due south bird is Nimiq 82 I believe... Well, I found signal.. and actually locked onto Nimiq 91 with no problem.. Nothing I could find there was viewable so I tried looking over at 105.. Now here's where it gets interesting. Instead of the dish moving west like I believe it should.. It heads east. So I try another satellite for giggles.. This time something around 61 range.. well.. It heads West... I have my location set inside the box.. But cant seem to get it to move in the correct direction. It's almost as if everything is 180 degrees off somehow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Make sure you have set your Latitude to NORTH and Longitude to WEST

Longitude & Latitude

They are set correctly... Any other ideas what could be causing this? I thought about setting it East to see what would happen...

Shaft Down

Shaft is down... Like I said.. when I tell it to manually move west in the Reciever.. it moves West... And moves east when I tell it to move east.. But the Disqc and USALS option tell the dish to move in the opposite direction as to where the bird is supposed to be.... I'm very puzzled at this point.

When i get home tonite I am going to review my setup and post exactly what I have for your review... I just dont understand why my system is behaving this way.

You can see why I am so puzzled about this.... :) I'm going to give Rob a call at FTADIRECT where I got the setup.. and see if he has any ideas as to what the problem may be...

My motor did weird stuff until I reset it. Make sure you have it on "0" before you push the button though!

I'll try that tonite when i get home.. So long as the tropical storm isnt running through us by then... :)

I thought about doing that.. Just assumed that a factory fresh unit would perform as desired... (hearing tinklings about 'Murphy's Law' in the back of my head....)

Well.. Dont I feel like an Idiot... :) I checked my USALS setup once again when I got home.. and wouldnt you know it.. I had West instead of East... Once that was fixed and Once I Installed the Invacom LNBF I had satellites from Horizon to Horizon... So Obviously I had the unit aimed right... But because of the LNB i had I wasnt able to see any birds due to something or another.. But once the Invacom was installed.. Even the weakest signal I had from before was just BOOMING.. :)

Now... time to play and see what's up there! :)

gizmohd said:
Well.. Dont I feel like an Idiot... :) I checked my USALS setup once again when I got home.. and wouldnt you know it.. I had West instead of East... Once that was fixed and Once I Installed the Invacom LNBF I had satellites from Horizon to Horizon... So Obviously I had the unit aimed right... But because of the LNB i had I wasnt able to see any birds due to something or another.. But once the Invacom was installed.. Even the weakest signal I had from before was just BOOMING.. :)

Now... time to play and see what's up there! :)

COOL!

Hello Guys

Sorry to hijack this thread, I have a cw-600s and the blind scan feature is horrible. How is it with the premium version, Does it work well.

Other than that I find my unit very fine.

Labgate

nope. Sucks just like the Cw-600

Someone posted it a while back. They scanned a satellite and didnt gain any transponders

Thanks Iceberg

I was hoping that they would have fixed that. I don't understand why they don't.

It makes the system pretty much useless if I can't do a decent blind scan. A blind scan with my cw-600s takes about 30 minutes, on my pansat 3500 and viewsat 6...

Now If someone can make a good fta receiver with blindscan 4:2:2, HD and a pvr, that would be the ultimate machine.

Labgate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts