Looking for SG2100 42mm neck

one_db_compression

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2022
Calgary, Alberta
Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I am trying to source a 42mm neck for a Moteck SG2100 without having to resort to buying a new kit and I am having challenges finding any options. My motor shipped with a 50mm neck by default and I'd prefer to avoid an ugly installation fiasco of at least two of: drill-press/rod-with-threadlocker/a-million-tie-wraps/wrong-sized-u-bolts/arc-welder-burning-through-the-reflector when a 42mm swap will be fast, clean, and accurate.

If a someone has this component and would be willing to part with it or has a line on who might have it sitting on a shelf, please let me know. I have repeatedly reached out to a few internet-based vendors with no luck in getting any positive responses. I'm in Canada, but am in SoCal every few weeks for work, so there should be reasonable shipping options for this exercise..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: c-spand

I am trying to source a 42mm neck for a Moteck SG2100 without having to resort to buying a new kit and I am having challenges finding any options. My motor shipped with a 50mm neck by default and I'd prefer to avoid an ugly installation fiasco of at least two of: drill-press/rod-with-threadlocker/a-million-tie-wraps/wrong-sized-u-bolts/arc-welder-burning-through-the-reflector when a 42mm swap will be fast, clean, and accurate.

If a someone has this component and would be willing to part with it or has a line on who might have it sitting on a shelf, please let me know. I have repeatedly reached out to a few internet-based vendors with no luck in getting any positive responses. I'm in Canada, but am in SoCal every few weeks for work, so there should be reasonable shipping options for this exercise..

Thank you!

Welcome to Satellite Guys! I've never done business with them but the following company supposedly has/had it. They are in Canada so that should work for you. I would try contacting them here before ordering though. Good Luck! :)

Reactions: c-spand
Thanks for the note.

I have been trying to deal with this vendor. Unfortunately after 3 no-response emails, 45 minutes of IVR jail over 3 phone calls trying to track down a human, and an incomplete purchase transaction due to the requirement of contacting them for a shipping estimate - all over the past week - this experience was one of the reasons behind my original post. I want to give them my money, but they are making it very challenging!

Reactions: FTA4PA and c-spand
Thanks for the note.

I have been trying to deal with this vendor. Unfortunately after 3 no-response emails, 45 minutes of IVR jail over 3 phone calls trying to track down a human, and an incomplete purchase transaction due to the requirement of contacting them for a shipping estimate - all over the past week - this experience was one of the reasons behind my original post. I want to give them my money, but they are making it very challenging!

Thanks for the heads-up! Sorry for your experience with them but at least you may save others from the same. ;)

Thank you!
I’m literally in the exact same position as you (experimented with modifications you suggested, but getting an acceptable outcome for me wasn’t happening). I saw that Dr.Sat listing as well, but I eventually gave up and bought an HH90 from SatelliteAV. Oh well, a solid eBay lesson learned. Looking forward to setting it up next weekend.

MattFL and I traded some private messages and determined that it's the same eBay seller "electorica". He is selling 50mm-only SG2100 units. We both have received a brush-off from the seller when inquiring about the incompatibilities.

I did reach out directly to Moteck in Taiwan, but have not received a response.

Reactions: FTA4PA
That guy got kicked off of this site years ago. He went by pwrsurge. I did buy an Azbox Minime from him. All of his promises on Azbox fixes and upgrades never came to fruition. I wiped mine and put enigma2 on it years ago. He never answered emails or his forum posts in a timely manner.
Catamount

The above ebay deal happened to me,,not a happy camper,,anyone know where to find a 42mm neck for a SG2100A ??? Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys...still looking,,,hoping someone has a broken one w/ 42mm shaft stored and would sell ...